Contact Me

Friday, April 6, 2018

March Goals and How I Did


I had goals for March, not lofty ones, but attainable one. Things did not go as planned. Between UTIs and lack of cooperation from others who did not keep their word, little I planned did
happen. 

Read three or four books. No, I did not have lens in glasses. I now do have both lens and have started on my second book. 
I can do this in a bright light with the one scratched lens in my glasses. Plus, I should finally get my lens since I had the surgery. I am waiting for my checkup on Monday. Both eyes had little bubbles behind the new lens, so the opthamologist used a laser on those.

Hem two washcloths. No, could not see well enough.
Since their hems came unstitched, I am short two washcloths. I quit using them to at least preserve them in their state of not being completely unhemmed.

Prepare to start sewing again. No, guy did not show up despite multiple promises to do so. I am going to buy more material.
This involves getting machine moved and set up, none of which I can do without help.

Return TV and swap for another. No, same guy did not show.
This is another thing that requires help. The TV makes incredibly loud popping noises and scares me. It sound sharp like a rock thrown against a window. No, it's not that. I am afraid it might explode or cause a fire. No one at WM knows why it might do this.

Trade out table under TV for another. No, same guy.
Of course, I need help doing this, too. The present table is too short and too long.

Start seeds. No, finally got it together for April.
No explanation needed here.

Sow flower seeds. No, too windy some days. Allergies are keeping me inside. Plus, the antibiotic package warns to stay out of sun.
I bought a fifty-cent packet of Dianthus (top) seeds to sow in a place I do not want to mow that still needs something. I also bought a twenty-cent packet of sunflower seeds that I am going to plant where a four-foot-square garden sat. The ground should be fertile.

I managed to borrow a bit of money and got the lens in my frames. I had been without a right lens for so long that having a lens caused me a great deal of dizziness. I am over that and believe that one part of the right lens has a wave in it. However, I am reading books once again. And, I can read for longer with understanding and no eye strain,



12 comments:

  1. Hooray for being able to read again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EC,
    yes yes yes! It was a long two years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be able to get so much more done now that you have your glasses fixed! I hope April is a much better month for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle82,
      I think so, too. April will be better!

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh I love to read and would get books on CD if I had to. Linda, do you use your public library? I always have a long list of books reserved but I don't watch a lot of TV and reading before bed relaxes me. Maybe you can get things moved in April- I understand abut the heavy stuff! I had an old hunk of a TV I had to wait for someone to take to trash. I hate to ask for help but sometimes you have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      I love to read, too. I have plenty of books. I managed to get up the steps to the library and got two books last Thursday in anticipation of getting the lens. I like to watch the shows I like, but there is no substitute for reading. If I read before bed, I cannot sleep, I just keep reading all night.

      Delete
  5. So glad you have your glasses back! I love to read also. I have to take the time to read more. And with allergies being a gardener is tough. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Besides gardening being difficult, hanging clothes to dry is a problem! Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Glad you got your glasses fixed. It's very unnerving to have your vision off, isn't it. Hopefully the guy shows up to help you get those things done, especially return that tv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Very unnerving and not conducive to doing anything. I have a different plan for the TV that does include getting another in here.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. urspo,
      Yes, I do get another chance to get all this done.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.