Contact Me

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Earth Day 2018


Image result for earth day clip art




Mother Earth Painting



How will you celebrate Earth Day? You may not be going to a festival or event, but you can still celebrate Earth Day. How? Do all you can to help protect the environment and use it wisely.

Use less plastic.
Plant trees.
Wash only full loads in the dishwasher or washing machine.
Wash clothes in cold water as often as you can.
Reduce your consumption of products or natural resources.
Reuse products.
Recycle anything you can.
By used as often as possible.
Plant something to eat even if it is just one thing.
Eat local and in season.
Compost.
Turn off the water while you brush your teeth.
Hang clothing to dry outdoors or indoors.

I am not going to list all the things I can think of.  Do you do any of the things I listed? What else do you do to protect the environment or use it more wisely?


11 comments:

  1. Such simple things, and if we all did some of them we would make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC.
      You are absolutely correct. Sometimes, people assume I cannot afford things. They think I use cloth rags from clothing for cleaning because I cannot afford paper towels. It never occurs to them that I am not just throwing out old clothing in the trash. I am cutting up clothing that is so warn it is not redeemable and giving it one last use. Yes, it does save money. But, trees are not cut down and factories do not make and package the paper towels I do not use. I did acquire on roll of paper towels because some people demand them.

      Thanks for the very succinct and true comment.

      Delete
  2. It's not easy but I try to limit plastic, eat more plant based meals, economize on anything disposable and hopefully just consume less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam.
      You are right, it is not easy considering our choices some days. But, the more we practice our earth-friendly ways, the easier it gets...sometimes...lol.

      Delete
  3. beautiful graphics for Earth day, I hope everyone is inspired to practice Earth day everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. laurie,
      Thanks, I could not decide on just one. Just one earth-friendly practice could start a habit and a trend.

      Delete
  4. I try to so these all the time.
    At work I am the one pulling half consumed plastic bottles out of the trash to empty the fluid and put the container in the recycling bin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      Hopefully, someone else will catch on and do the same as you. That is such an easy thing to do. Good for you.

      Delete
  5. Linda,
    Thanks for posting for earth day!
    I do nearly all the things you have listed but we are bad composters. The compost bin is in a back corner of the yard that is hard to access and therefore compost often goes in the bin because it's convenient. For the life of me, I can't get my husband to put the compost somewhere sensible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Is it far away because he thinks it will stink or draw flies? It won't. Maybe you can convince him to move it a bit or be more diligent.

      Delete
    2. our compost is actually a worm farm. A very long time ago we had it near the back door where it was more exposed and on a very hot day all the worms died so he has taken the extreme approach of putting it in the deepest shade he can find.
      The lesson has been learned, we could really just make sure it is shaded in hot weather

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.