Contact Me

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Bone Dry and Chilly and Tommy Falls

 That sure beats the frozen precipitation and frigid predictions of the past few weeks. So, it is mid 50s and will be in 60s, so we are doing well in the weather department. 

Today, when we went out to collect ads and milk for Tommy, the wind was mild and temps warm, especially as I was sitting in the car in the blazing sun, thinking I had ac on. 

Last night, I was sitting in my chair while Tommy searched for a can of corn for the taco soup. I heard what sounded like cans falling and falling and falling. It takes me a bit to get up as I wait for the lift to lift me. I was terrified. Tommy was lying face down across boxes and spilled cans. After I asked him if he was hurt and what he wanted me to do to help him, I noticed something else. He was holding onto a file cabinet that was in danger of falling completely on its side. 

Plus, lots of canning jars and boxes of rings were spilled all over. My Excalibur dehydrator was lying where it fell off the file cabinet. 

Finally, he told me to straighten him up by pulling his shirt. I did and he righted the file cabinet as he came. Then, his feet were crossed. He cannot uncross his feet at all once they get that way. So, I did that even though it hurt him. Then, I tried to help by grabbing waistband of his pants and his belt and pulling him. Well, that hurt me. Finally, he had me get two canes so he could lift himself by putting hands on top and lifting himself up. All this was excruciating to me. I hurt for what he went through. 

Then, he got up and said he was fine. He was not hurt anywhere at all. ME? My back hurts twice as bad as ever. Now, my spine hurts further up than my injuries cause it to hurt. Arms, shoulders, neck, and especially my hands. Over my objections he spent a long time righting everything. I wanted him to sit and relax a bit. I hope the Excalibur is not broken.

This is an opportunity! I have not told him, but we are getting some sort of furniture with doors for the far end of the dining room. Maybe he will allow a lot of the junk stored there to be tossed. There are too few cabinets in the kitchen, and we cannot access stuff we put in the bottom cabinets. Then, he insists on keeping the tiny table there on a long wall. So, doors in the other end of the dining room will not be handy because of the distance. But, it beats having to unload boxes of 100 cans to see into the box underneath. I noticed that this unwieldy situation has allowed some food to become very old. 

Last night, I went to bed at 9 pm and slept until 12 pm. Then, I could not sleep until 9 am and slept until 11am. I also started feeling really ill. Not sure if it is reaction to covid vaccine or uti. 

Through all of this, we have cleared out more Christmas items, baked cookies, gotten taco soup in refrigerator, and I am ready to cook chicken and vegetables in a bag. The deer are still in the carport. 

Amazon tossed a box over the ramp. What is the problem? Maybe others are happy with deliveries in the shrubs and all over, but this is not getting it for me. Amazon has made it clear to me that this is not how it should be. 

Supposedly, prisoners have the choice of execution method in Alabama. I wonder if they can choose a firing squad. Some people who die in prison are sent to relatives without organs. That is creepy. 

Did say that I finally was able to reach someone at cardiology after the phone answerers not giving them a message? So, I have a day of tests scheduled which I am not looking forward to attending. 

Okay, Tommy wants me to come and put stuff in the cooking bag. It's done, and he is washing dishes. He uses vinegar and Dawn to wash dishes now. I suppose I finally got 'germ theory' across. Once I teach him how to do something, he does a superb job! 

Today, he washed and I trimmed a quart box of strawberries. I had him use the ground meat chopper on them and he made them mush. I was commenting and he said it happened suddenly. It will be fine. 

I am still recovering from the horror of Tommy's fall and a slight temp, chills, and general malaise. I suppose by morning I will be better from the covid vaccine or worse from a uti. 

I found a dirty penny Monday.  

Tonight, we baked two small breasts and a few vegetables--carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, celery. 

Tuesday, we talked about making a trip to Cullman just to shop for a car at the place where he bought his Rogue. It was a good shopping experience. So, we will try again. Maybe they will have two vehicles we like.

Okay, it is 8:30 pm and I feel awful, so going to bed now. 

Did you feel ill when you had a covid vaccine? 

Do you dread shopping for a car? 

 

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad Tommy wasn't hurt, but hope you mend soon from the assist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ONE,
      Thanks. My hand and back are killing me.

      Delete
  2. That fall sounds terrible--face down in a pile of goods! Man, I hope Tommy is okay. And you getting injured in the process and being sick as well. All started by a can of corn--yikes!

    Yes, I have felt a bit unwell from the vaccine. I think it's because of that chip they implant. LOL ;^) ;^)

    I still haven't gotten my flu or vaccine update. I have got to get my rear in gear on that one! It may even be too late for the flu vaccine... Oh well, I'll let the nurse make that decision for me.

    I don't think that a firing squad is a permissable method of execution anymore. I wouldn't choose it. I'd ask to be put to sleep, as if for surgery, then receive a lethal injection. I don't know why they can't do it that way--it seems the most humane way to me.

    I don't see how person sentenced to death would have organs harvested. Seems to me the method of execution would prevent any organs from being usable. And how do the families know there are organs missing, anyway? Sounds like an urban myth to me...

    I can understand why shopping for a car would be a huge chore for you and Tommy. All that climbing in and out of vehicles would wear a person out. Did you ever get the Consumer Reports guide to new & used cars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      The fall was a nightmare. I felt so sorry for him. And, all over a can of corn.

      Some prison official said that the drug companies refuse to sell prisons the better drug to carry out the sentence. I wonder if a person could bring his own.

      No, it is not an urban myth. Fact. Plus, these are persons who just died in prison. When the body was released, the person doing autopsy or preparing the body could see organs were missing. This was actually noticed by a person receiving lab items from the prison.
      I have nightmares of falling out of a car on the car lot. Nope, need to get that.

      Delete
    2. I see nothing wrong with using criminal organs for research. I think it should be part of the terms of incarceration--and made clear to the families-- that if the conviceted died in prison, the body became the property of the state, had to be donated to science, and any remains would be cremated and returned to the family. Maybe that sounds cruel. But I think it's just another way of having to repay society...

      But I don't think criminal's organs should be used for transplantation. Bad juju, you know?

      But I suppose if I were dying of liver disease, I'd gladly take some criminal's liver, no matter how many people they murdered...

      What interesting thoughts for a Friday! Yikes! I think I'll do some decluttering to rid myself of these morbid thoughts.

      Delete
    3. I don't think that would be a good idea as more convicted people would probably die in prison. That is not only cruel but barbaric...lol. I would probably take any organ to save my life.

      Decluttering clears morbid thoughts? Okay, must remember that.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.