Contact Me

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Hindsight--Can You Relate?

 



13F and COLD

Everything is all frozen up--interstate, roads, ramps. 
I got one thing mostly done today. The table next to me is a mess with stuff--receipts, tags, floss, nose sprays, tubes of stuff, pens, coins, you name it. I cannot get the trash off by reaching or by standing and bending. So, I had Tommy bend and put it all in a shallow box. Then, I sorted it. No, I did not finish it. However, the lion's share is done. Table top has been thoroughly cleaned.

One thing I did was to put all tubes, sprays, bottles, pots of self care into a tiny train case. Yes, I will have to dig in there, but it is contained and will not fall off the table. Lots of pieces of paper went into recycling. 

When I finish this table, I have another on the other side. However, it has a lip that keeps things from falling off. That means it can hold more! 

I told Tommy I thought that somehow closing the vent into the bedroom between my bedroom and the living room was making heat or ac not reach the bedroom as well. I mentioned that on Tuesday I would really like the vent open. He went right in and opened it. Guess what? The room was warmer all night last night and today. Usually in really cold weather I am faced with arctic weather at the door. In hot weather, the air right at the door is suffocating. No more. 

I read today that older people need temperature from 69F to 77F in bedroom to sleep. The thermostat is set at 69, so Tommy thinks it is 69F in all the rooms. 

I will fix this justification thing tomorrow. 

It is still too cold and frozen to get out. The pipes are doing fine. How are things at your location? I hear it is going to warm up in some places. 

Don't forget free scoop at Chicken Salad Chick on Thursday. If the temp is too low, we will just skip it.


The card today and yesterday are from TEMU. No, I won't buy them, just popped up. 



10 comments:

  1. All good here. So very cold and not changing much for a while. Not going anywhere. I keep my thermostat at 65 at night and 69/70 during day. If sun is shining - less. House is very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Staying home is smart. Those are reasonable temps. With all this frigid weather, you don't have to go out for kitties. Do they like a warm house rather than the outdoors?

      Delete
  2. We are staying home too and have had three appointments cancelled this week due to this weather and I am ok with that as I do not want to get out in this bitter cold. I like that you got one of your table tops cleaned off. A train case works well to corral items like that. Glad you got the heat back into your room now It's too cold to go without. I ran a heater last night too. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I plan only to go to Chicken Salad Chick for the free scoop if the weather is okay and roads clear. I am proud of that table top. I put all the leftover stuff into a quart bag until I can get that stuff where it goes. There is a tiny little pink bin that still needs to be sorted, but I am calling it good and slowly clearing that out. My little train case now houses salves, sprays, stuff I apply somewhere. But, it is a micro train case! Stay warm. Stay safe with the heater.

      Delete
  3. Frozen rain last night covering our streets in ice. Schools are closed. It's snowing now. I had a civic meeting this evening, which has been postponed.
    Where did you read that information about sleep temperatures? We couldn't imagine sleeping in 69 degrees, much less 77 degrees. (My husband us consIderably older, btw.) I like 62 degrees for sleeping maximum, but would prefer 55. I agree to keep the thermostat at 64 at night, though. DH was given a NASA study to read during work training which stated 64 degrees was ideal for sleeping and shared it with me I generally wind up opening windows though! The warmer thermostat setting certainly made getting the kids up at 6 a.m. in the winter a bit easier. It's hard to get out of a hot shower in a 62 degree bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      I will look for it, a new study, it appears.

      Remember, my bedroom is much colder in winter and hotter in summer than the rest of the house. I have slept in single digit temperatures in my bedroom at my house. I had better covers and a bed that did not let covers slide off all night!

      Delete
  4. Good job on the decluttering! It always feels so good to tidy things up.

    Glad to hear Tommy opened the vent without a huge fuss. Man, there is no telling what will set him into a tizzy, is there?

    It's below zero here. Sunny, but cold.

    I baked 2 loaves of DS's favorite oatmeal bread yesterday. I also made taco meat from frozen chopped Wahlburgers I got on sale. DS & DH complained about the Wahlburgers when grilled, but DS sang like the angels when he tasted it turned into taco meat. Hah! Knew I could fool him! But I also won't be buying Wahlburgers again.

    I could not sleep in a room at 69. We keep it at 67 during the day and 62 at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      It is just one table, but it makes me happy.

      Remember, he has exploded, refused for four years to open that vent. But, now that bedroom is less frigid.

      Good job on camouflaged meat. Hiding stuff is a skill...lol.

      I was telling Tommy that in my house, I have slept in an unheated bedroom when it was single digits outside. But, then I had good blankets that did not slide off the bed. Water on a table beside me was frozen.

      Delete
  5. TheHub was out Tuesday morning driving and there was no icing on his way to and from work, other than an occasional tiny ice patch. Son 2 lives in town north of us and there was no trouble there either. There are a couple of residential roads around here that were icy but those are the ones that get virtually no sun.
    The cold? Yep I am going no where because I just don't want to be outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      From the looks of wrecks on news, they were lucky. Residential roads that get little sun are always treacherous! I lived in neighborhood that was not drivable even after other roads were melted off.
      I only peek out the fanlight!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.