Contact Me

Saturday, January 6, 2024

TEMU Redeems Itself...sort of

 


This metal sign redeemed Temu's reputation for the time being. Yes, I ordered it from China. But, you can probably go to a local farm store and buy one. Nothing was broken. The sign is thick metal and the paint is rusty around the edge.

I TAKE IT BACK! The sign has dings on its back. The thin little packaging does not protect anything. 

We ventured out on this dank, dreary day to get two of my meds. And, then the meds were not there. Different story for both, but I don't have them. Some days, getting meds is a real pain. First world problem? At least they will be forthcoming, so I suppose I should not complain. 

Laughter is good for a body. Today, we got our belly laughs and snickers. Mike and Molly has got to be one of the funniest shows around. The writers outdid themselves on the four episodes we watched today. I would highly recommend this sitcom, but delicate ears should not be allowed in the room.

Christmas Note: I will unstack the three tomato cages so I will have three trees next year. I had two cheap strings of lights, but gave away one string.  I left the cages stacked for convenience this year. 

By putting back together the vacuum cleaner, I saved having to buy a new one. Tommy took it apart to empty the dirt. He said he put it back together, but the first time the cleaner touched it, it came apart in three pieces. She tried to put it back together, but I took it because she was not even putting the right pieces together. I tried for a few more minutes, and we all gave up. Finally, on Friday, I decided I would get it back together or we would buy a new one. 

I took all the parts off that Tommy had put back on. Well, he had not put them on correctly, so the rest would not fit. It took me two minutes, and the vacuum is whole again. I am good at putting things together, fixing broken things. So, now he did not have to pay for a new vacuum. When I take things apart, I pay attention so I can get the thing back together!

Tonight, I made a blueberry cobbler with fresh blueberries and twice the amount called for in the recipe. Delicious.

Dinner: honey baked turkey, cabbage, green beans, sweet potato. 

Tommy is considering getting a different tub or shower, something we can actually use. Does anyone have any caveats, recommendations, or thoughts on brands or dealers, anything?

Do you watch Mike and Molly?

10 comments:

  1. make sure it is acrylic as it last longer no matter what the brand. Menards has Delta procrylic .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Acrylic sign? It will stay indoors, so I suppose it will last. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
    2. I think she meant acrylic shower or tub. I suggest just a walk in shower as a tub is hard to get out of when older.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like the Mike and Molly show too as it is very funny. I've not bought anything from Temu to know how the quality is. We will sometimes take a picture of the before when we have to take something apart, which then helps us to be able to put it back together again. Yum on the blueberry cobbler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered one of those metal signs for a friend for Christmas. I thought it was cute. The same exact sign was more on Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughter is definitely good for you.
    We always enjoy blueberries.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Right now, I am watching America's Funniest Videos, AFV.
      I put twice as much blueberries as called for to make it less carby per helping.

      Delete
  5. Take pictures of the way the item goes together or comes apart, that way it will be easier to reassemble. We do that with various things, and it has been a big help. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae,
      Great idea. Tommy takes things apart and I don't see him doing it. I can usually remember if I set my mind to it, pay attention. But, it is definitely a foolproof was to get it right. I just need to do it.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.