Contact Me

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Tuesday Accomplishments and a Fall

 I awoke at 10:30 and suggested we go to Cullman. I needed my mail. We left here at 11:30 and got to town and bought a Chic-Fil-A sandwich, only chicken and bread. We had a diet drink with us and ate at a nice place that normally would be green. Well, we parked with a dead tree right in front of us, not tall enough to fall on us. 

We headed across the road to a salvage place and off-loaded drink cans, the whole back end of the Rogue, 6 kitchen garbage bags. Tommy got $8, almost enough to pay for the sandwiches. I got him started on this. He refused to do it when I moved here but finally got with the program. Hueytown does not have a recycling program. 

We went to one grocery store and found that the same item at The Pig was 6 cents less. Several months ago it was much cheaper. So, I did not buy it. 

We went to Publix where I looked for something, trying to figure out if Publix had eliminated it. No, they have not. I bought an apple to eat in the car and went to bathroom. 

Finally, we had an air compressor to use on tires, a tiny one. I wanted our money back. Tommy was sure they would not refund it because it had been so long and we had no receipt. Well, I got the money back. Tommy originally paid for it, but I played dumb and tried to keep it. He said he had not had money in his pocket for a long time and to give it to him. Well, I was laughing and trying to keep $5. I did give it to him. I intended to all along. So, he got money twice today. I actually need to give him $2 that is him from Publix yesterday. Change is always mine--my rule. 

We got a lot done by just driving from one place to the other. We did not linger after we ate is our want. 

We collected my mail and headed home, arriving here at 4:45. We have been recovering before making taco soup. Then, Tommy fell. He is okay, but we are both shaken. However, I hurt worse than he does s I was trying to help him up. I have to go cook, so will tell you about it tomorrow.

The day was wonderful, bright, and warm. However, when I came out of Publix, my jacket was unzipped but still hooked at the bottom. My coat filled with wind, and I thought I was going to blow away. 

Oh, last night, I had a short nap and awoke after the news went off. Then, I slept again. Woke up, slept again. So, between three sleeping episodes, I had a full nine hours of sleep. Weird. Then, I dreamed I was cooking a vat of kale, yellow squash and tomatoes and we were going to either can it or freeze it. I was certainly busy during that dream. It would have taken all day to run that through a canner. 

Was your day fruitful? 

Sunny? 

2 comments:

  1. It was very sunny here, but cold. I hope it warms back up to the 60s, I like the warmer temperature. I’m glad Tommy is ok and sorry you got hurt in the process. It was hard to get Mom out of the floor when she fell. Good deal on the $8 for the cans. You can’t beat that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      It is supposed to be sunny tomorrow and even warmer. Maybe it will be warmer where you are, too. You know I cannot get up!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.