Contact Me

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Down but Not Up

 Today, Tommy and I went to the courthouse to renew his driver's license. On the way back, we checked to see what was happening at the church where we bought a great meal--bbq sandwich and sides. Another time they had great desserts and other items. 

We got the attention of a guy. He came to the car and took our order. We both had a cheeseburger, mine with lettuce and tomato and grilled onions. Tommy' had grilled onions. When they came back, both had lettuce and tomato, so I had Tommy's. The lettuce was dark green and generous, and the tomato slices were huge and red through, no white inside. 

We ate at home. The cheeseburger was so thick I had to use a knife and fork. Somehow, Tommy was biting from his. His side was French fries, mine--potato salad. 

As he took the cc to charge us, he asked about a donation since this was for the building fund. When we gave $5, he then asked about giving $25. each month. We declined and told him we would come eat. He was a very amiable fellow, not too pushy. 

The red meat exceeded my anticipated amount for the week. I was planning on sausage balls as my allotment of red meat this week.

I did get the black-eyed peas cooked just in the knick of time. So, I suppose we are okay for another year, our luck being secured. 

We started removing Christmas decorations. It should rain tomorrow, so I at least wanted the deer under cover so they would not be damp to store. So, I mentioned it to Tommy as dark approached. By the time he got out there, he needed a flashlight. So, they are standing on the porch. He brought the tomato cage tree, too. I told him to leave the extension cord. This morning, he took all the ornaments from the tiny tree and put it in a box. 

When the obnoxious cleaner was putting the long pins into the deer feet and hammering them into the ground, I saw she did not catch one foot but hammered the pin in. I told her about missing the foot, so she took the pin from the ground and did the same thing. Once again, I told her about it. She was adamant that she knew what she was doing and refused to listen. So, Tommy only got 11 pins, saying she must have just hammered it into the ground. So, now we have to find it in the ground. I had not even mentioned this to Tommy. He was the one who said she missed a pin or missed the deer foot. 

Today, we came home with burgers and found a huge box and two smaller from Amazon. This was not all of my subscribe and save. Yet, I got things I did not order. Yes, my name was on the boxes. The one large box had three smaller boxes in it. Now, I have a box for the deer. 

The rest of the Christmas items are in living room, ready to put in the red boxes. I dread it. It seems as though I become more tired as the days go by. 

At least, I did not have to fix dinner. Nor did Tommy have to go find all the leftovers. I had two Wheat Thins. Later, I had yogurt and blueberries. And, black-eyed peas.

I will miss the lights and ornaments! The red Kiss with fairy lights will stay. 

I am too tired to edit this at all. It is time to turn up the heat, disrobe, and get my daily brushing. Tommy says I wait too late. So, I have missed several days rather than ask him. Now, my legs are very swollen once again. It is very relaxing. 

Anyone else still have Christmas up? 

Did you have your black-eyed peas? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.