Contact Me

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Melted Snowman Sugar Cookies

 


This is technically not a Christmas cookie, so I am not out of bounds here, refusing to let the holiday go. With all the snow right now, these are right in season. These were the best pictures I could grab. But, the video has better visuals. 

Melted Snowmen Sugar Cookies

I awoke late in the day. It was 11 am before I could sleep. I was mumbling to Tommy as I tried to clear my chair of mail. When I sat down, I was still mumbling. He was not here. He was not in the house. A note said '1 a.m. putting plants in utility room." It was after 4 pm when I found this note in my chair. So, I wondered if he were alive or dead in the yard. 

The note actually said 'I am putting plants in the utility room.' He was not dead, thankfully. 

He had also gone to neighbor's or the neighbor came here. Not sure. At any rate, now the wreath is cut in half to go over the mailbox next Christmas. I have plans stored in my head. Okay, It is a small wreath. Once it is fluffed, I will add other, longer pieces of greenery. There are very small decorations on this wreath. All will come off. I have 50% off plastic balls, red. I will wire those on, add greenery, add bow that is here. Then, I can wire it on the mailbox, maybe a string of lights with timer that I already own. 

I was trying to figure out where I got this wreath. Maybe I did not buy this wreath? Maybe it was here? Tommy volunteered at that point that he had a wreath that he put on the door. I knew I had to bought this at a yard sale as I would never purchase such a tiny wreath. So, solved. I had his wreath cut up. He did not object or even realize it until now. But, he is not unhappy at all. 

Today, Amazon delivered three purses I ordered, one black, one red, and one hot pink like the sandals I bought two years ago. The plan was to keep one and send back two. Well, these are better than expected even though they are extremely cheap for a leather purse. These are three different styles. I was going to send back the styles I did not care for. I have never heard of this brand--Krediz. 

Have you?

Do you decorate your mailbox at Christmas? 

I think the cute cookies could be made with store-bought cookies. Do you?


6 comments:

  1. I've not heard of that brand of purse either, but they sound well made, I like that. The snowman cookies are so cute melted like that. I have a Christmas tree ornament that is similar to that of a melted snowman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      They are advertised as 'soft leather.' And, they are. Ha! I have never seen a melted snowman snowman or ornament. It sounds cute.

      Delete
  2. Amazon stocks so many brands no one has heard of...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gill,
      I am always surprised at some of the brands.

      Delete
  3. The snowman cookies are absolutely hilarious and adorable! And YES, I would make them with storebought cookies in a heartbeat. Gingersnaps or molasses cookies would be lovely with that puddle of powder sugar icing.

    I looked up your purses and they seem very nice! I love a crossbody purse because it leaves both your hands free. I don't trust backpacks because someone could walk up behind you and fish out your wallet before you knew what was happening.

    I especially like the hot pink one--you and me both are suckers for that color, LOL. Great price point, too. I'd say you did very well for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Since the decoration is the draw, I wondered it the store bought cookies would certainly work. I would want the puddle to be obvious.

      They seem to be good purses. I don't want to send any back. The red one has five zipper pockets on the outside with long leather pulls. I will replace those before I use it. The purse looks like it exploded!

      No backpacks for me. I have thought they look dangerous. A shoulder bag, my preference, falls off shoulder as I struggle to get on and off electric cart.

      Yes, love love love that shade of pink, really any pink.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.