Contact Me

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Nothing Happened Today

 I was asleep, but Tommy said maybe there was 20 minutes of rain and terrific wind. There was gently rain for a bit after that. No one lost power. So, preps and worry for nothing. But, I would rather be prepared. 

Today, I went to pharmacy to pick up four prescriptions. One has been there for about two weeks. Something about a PA and then there is no such med. Well, I doubt the doctor is stupid. Then, another has been there for a week. There is always a reason it is not filled. Finally, I was told I would need a new prescription. Well, doctor did not call it in. So, I had another one today and called it in. When I went to the pharmacy, it was the only one ready. 

We cooked six bscb tonight along with the rest of the nasty, bitter carrots and some better carrots. That was dinner for me. Tommy ate the rest of the honey baked turkey and the rest of carrots and potatoes cooked the first of the week. Tomorrow, I will freeze 3 of the bscb. 

I will be shopping in person or online for blouses. The last one that fits me is in shreds. I am so disgusted with my body. 

The other cleaner the guy recommended called and I was getting out of the car. So, I asked her to call back. She has four children, two very little, she said. So, she probably called when she had time. Now, I have to wait for her to have free time...sigh. 

She said she would charge $350. I was shocked since I did not want or expect for the whole house to be cleaned in one day. I would never be able to find anything. She would either just stuff things somewhere or throw it in the garbage. I have no idea what this guy is telling these women. 

I finally got the whole story on the light by front door. When Tommy bought the house, someone had painted over the screws so Tommy could not get them out to change the bulb. Forty years because of paint on a screw! Four years of my being terrified in the dark! I wonder if the fixture is rusty and unsightly. 

We cannot find the lights from Lowe's I was charged 50% off instead of 75% off. That is annoying. 

Tommy keeps telling me he will help me with Christmas decorations still out. No! 

It is supposed to be a cold, long 10-15 days according to the weather guy. Lovely, not. We might even have a bit of snow. If we are lucky, it might stick for a day and then melt. 

Tomorrow, I might make soup with hamburger meat and all sort of vegetables. I just wish I had home canned tomatoes. Maybe cornbread for Tommy.

How was your day? Cold? Wet? Snow? Freezing?

Who still has Christmas still out and stacked? 

Outgrowing clothing? 

10 comments:

  1. Yum, the soup sounds delicious. This is perfect soup weather. i don't like it when my prescriptions are messed up like that. It seems hard to get them all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I realized this morning that I don't even have one potato or carrot for soup. One potato would be enough. I may put in one of the baked potatoes. I have no idea what is going on with my prescriptions.

      Delete
  2. A good whole house cleaning sounds so refreshing and the cleaner's price doesn't seem exhorbinate. I have never had a cleaner throw away anything that wasn"t trash. They may pile things up that are sitting around, but it is so good to have all rooms clean, floors cleaned and everything dusted. I love a really clean bathroom and kitchen especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie,
      Things are already piled up that are sitting around. I don't need piles rearranged. This is still 40 years of stuff sitting around. Plus, what I cannot get up.

      Delete
  3. ... always best to be prepared.

    Soup is always a good dish in cold weather.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I try best I can to be prepared. I love soup even in the summer.

      Delete
  4. Have that handyman replace the light fixture so you can change the bulbs easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Breaking the paint seal should make it usable again. But, if the fixture is also broken, he will agree to replace it. He has quit yelling about me wanting a front door light, so he will be okay with replacing it.

      Delete
  5. Linda, Please message me and tell me what size blouse you need. I am about ready to clean out an area of my closet, I may have one or two that you might like.
    Do you prefer button front? or pull on styles?

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.