Contact Me

Monday, January 22, 2024

New Recipe with Edit

 Monday, about 1 pm, I went out for the first time in two or three days. I needed bananas, OxyClean, celery, and pork chops. Tommy went in and found OxyClean was bogo. Good deal as that made it $3 each. I had him shop for pork chops since I wanted to cook a new-to-me dish.

I went to bed at 3:30 with him having potatoes peeled by 5:30. He woke me at the time I asked and I wondered why he was bothering me since I had not slept a wink all  night. I sliced the potatoes into rounds, put into casserole, seared the center cut, boneless pork chops. He mixed two cans of salt-free mushroom soup with half a can of water. 

He added the garlic and onion powder I told him to add. Well, that was very bland, so we sprinkled other spices. The potatoes went into the bottom of a 9x13 casserole and into a rectangular Snapware smaller casserole. After I seared the pork chops, I put four in the large casserole and two into the smaller. 

I plan to cook the smaller, cool, and put the snap top onto it ad freeze. That will be two meals to eat and once to freeze. Actually, the pork chops could be used for two meals. It depends. I saw this casserole in one of the recipe sites I perused yesterday. I hope this is as good as it sounds. We have not had pork chops in ages. 

Edit: We ate. I asked Tommy how he liked it. He said it lacked something. Well, that is sodium. If I had an onion, that would have helped. I was afraid I would over spice it, so held off with spices. Plus, we can share a pork chop. 

Sunday, I spent two hours trying to get McAfee protection on my laptop. If I had written this yesterday when I finally finished, I would be ranting. However, let's just say this woman sounded about three and timid. She had to repeat things six times, with me urging her to speak up. Finally, I had Tommy take the phone and see if he could understand. He could not. Now, it tells me something is infected and may cause the hard drive to crash. So, I need to call back and have them take over the computer. The messages pop up to the point I can do nothing. I am not sure why I can type this in peace. 

Today was sunny, cold breeze, mid 40s, and a relief from sub freezing temps. So, now we get up to almost 70 and rainy. 

Has the grip of freezing weather eased for you?

I have never had a computer crash. Have you?

Have you ever had the potato, pork chop, soup recipe? 

10 comments:

  1. Warmer this week and rain. It should get to 40 today and that is much better than single digits. Heat wave!
    I have had computer problems - but never a crash. I never open things sent to me or get into too many sites that I don't know. I guess I have been lucky. Good luck fixing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      We will remember this come July!
      I will not open things, either. However, someone from Russia kept doing something. I was informed by a popup warning on my laptop. So, it is all fixed now. Thankfully! I am only out $114. /s

      Delete
  2. Thankfully, we were above freezing yesterday! Praise God! Snow, ice, and such frigid temperatures bring Kentucky to a standstill.

    I had a hard drive go bad on my work computer. But I did not lose anything, as we save all our work in a system provided, nothing is saved on the laptop itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I have never experienced so many days of freezing weather as these last few days, well, not that I can remember. Alabama comes to a standstill, too.
      I have never lost a computer or info. But, I need to back things up on an external hard drive, I suppose.

      Delete
  3. I haven't made that recipe, but I make a "baked stuffed" pork chop recipe with pork chops, soup and stuffing when I am in no mood to cook, and one of my sons likes scalloped potatoes, which is basically your recipe sans pork. I find most cream of soup recipes bland, so I always add smoked paprika. In the pork recipe I make, I add sour cream to the soup mixture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      I used the no salt soup, so no wonder this was not so tasty. I tried searing the chops but to no avail. Not sure why they remained white...lol. But, I was tired of waiting because my back hurt so bad I almost did not get back to living room.Sour cream sounds delicious in soup

      Delete
  4. I have never had the potato, pork chop, and creamy soup casserole. I'm just not a huge fan of pork chops.

    I have made the chicken, rice, and creamy soup casserole (with lots of extra spices), which I think is delicious . My fam is not a huge fan of it, though. And I certainly don't eat rice like that anymore, so I haven't made it in years.

    It's 37 degrees here, so it's a heat wave if I ever saw one! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      We don't eat a lot of pork. However, I do like pork. Of course, I am allergic to it, but it is not as bad as beef.

      I do love the chicken, rice, and soup. I only eat brown rice, so it is not as bad for a diabetic. And, I just eat a little rice.

      Well, I was considering that a heat wave here, myself. 61F now at noon.

      Delete
  5. NO NO NO! Do not call and have them take over your computer. I occasionally have received a similar message and found that it is a SCAM. They freeze the screen then caution you not to shut down the computer, This is exactly what you do need to do. You will probably have to force the shutdown by holding the on /off button until it shuts down. Once you have done this you can turn it back on and see if it is fixed. I then do a disk cleanup and I am back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I always have these people take over my computer. I got the number from Office Max/Depot for just this purpose. I do force the computer off.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.