Contact Me

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Free Scoop Now at Chicken Salad Chick

 Chicken Salad Chick

January 18, 2024, next Thursday. Be there. No app needed. 

Monday night, we stayed up late once we had everything set for bad weather. I heard terrific wind and rain hitting the house, but I went right to sleep. This morning, there was no more rain when I got up, just wind. Tommy had to fight the door in the wind with his walker. 

He said he was trying to avoid the head of the baby deer that was lying on the porch trapped by a pillar, grill, and house wall. He put the two large deer in beside the car and house, straight. He said both were sort of crooked. So, I suppose that the wind got to them. Nothing seemed moved by the wind. Of course, he never looks in the back yard. Sooo

I called the guy about the cleaner he knew. I got voice mail and left a message. 

Tommy is peeling potatoes and carrots. We will put bscb and vegetables in a cooking bag for dinner and future dinners. 

We will, at least, box the two deer and Santa on one low bookcase. 

Tommy finished the potatoes and carrots, and I trimmed them, cut them, cut an onion. We got it all into the oven. I retired to my chair and promptly went to sleep. The potatoes on the stove for potato salad boiled too long, almost burning. They were almost dry and the texture of mashed potatoes. 

Dinner was not as good as usual. The potatoes baked in cooking bag were mealy, carrots were bitter, and the chicken breasts were chicken tenders that somehow were tough. It cooked long enough and was seasoned as always. Strange. But, it was food. Nutritious. Now, I am making potato salad.

I called the guy who knew a house cleaner. No return call. I am disappointed. 

Tonight, we are set to have a windy night, so the storm is not over. People did lose power in Birmingham. One person died when a tree fell on this car and killed him. "Just wind" is dangerous. 

So, a lot of nothing this post. 

For the past two weeks or so, when I get sleepy feeling, I lean my chair back just a bit, not all the way or even far. I take off my glasses and put a dish towel used for a napkin or something else I have in here over my eyes. I have the TV volume lowered just a bit. I always go to sleep and never sleep more than an hour. Today, Tommy woke me because the food had been in the oven for over an hour. ugh

Since Christmas, I have been saving in "favorites" recipes for single recipes or whole collections. You know the Christmas Santa and penguins I saved. Some of the recipes are whole meals, casseroles, chocolate, diabetic. I must have saved over 5,000 recipes. Now, all the recipes that show up are for Valentine's or Easter. Some of the recipes are possibly the same or variations. I will go through the ones for diabetics and for chocolate first. Recipes I might make will be printed. I did not save fish recipes or one that are hot or spicy. Hopefully, I can find some good recipes, good and good for me. Plus, it is good brain exercise.

Don't forget your free scoop at Chicken Salad Chick. 

6 comments:

  1. Stay safe. So much bad weather everywhere this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Tommy has a doctor's appointment this morning. After that, we are in! You stay safe, too.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the free chicken salad scoop. I’ve never tried their chicken salad before. We had that wind and rain here too. Thankfully no trees fell across the driveway. Mealy potatoes are really unappetizing. I froze them in a beef stew when I was very young and they were terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      You re welcome. It is delicious. I have never had anything so unappealing as what we had for dinner, all of it.

      Delete
  3. Stay safe and warm in any bad weather you are experiencing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      It will be bad no matter what. Hopefully, we will have no tornadoes at our house or loss of power. Thanks.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.