Contact Me

Friday, January 5, 2024

My Brain is Still in Creating-Christmas Mode

 When we see mailboxes decorated for Christmas, I always "oooh" and "ahhh." Since my brain will be in Christmas decorating cheaply mode, I had another thought. I have a small wreath that I bought cheaply. Well, I hated it and bought a wreath of greenery only and put poinsettias on it. I found that small wreath and decided I could remake it for the mailbox. Maybe I will cut in in half and put both the halves, backs together, over the mailbox. It has a very full sparkly, gold bow. If the bow will not last in the weather next year, I can replace the bow the next year with a durable, red bow. 

Maybe you would prefer to have me save it all for December. ??? I will move on, but I must create all year long to have decorations made cheaply ready by next Christmas. 

Not much was planned for today. Not much was accomplished. But, that is okay. Tommy laid the deer on the porch since wind is forecast for tonight. Rain and wind. Hopefully, the electricity stays on. 

We did do one errand. Then, Tommy went to Publix and bought milk for both of us and a few other things, mainly two bags of chips for him and cookies for me. I will ration them...lol. Everything but the milk was bogo. 

An hour nap was followed by dinner. 

Dinner was still leftovers--turkey breast or chicken thigh, sweet potatoes and cabbage. Tommy also had green bean casserole. 

We are discussing putting away Christmas decorations. Hopefully, action will follow. Maybe tonight. Keep your fingers crossed. 

Reading more, I learned a few things about lymphedema. It is all interesting and shocking. My friend died of lymphedema, diagnosed on her deathbed, undiagnosed for many years by multiple physicians to whom she turned.

So, it is too late to put away decorations. Maybe tomorrow. Tommy's arm where he was vaccinated is really hurting him. Mine does not hurt at all. Neither of us feel any other adverse effects, thankfully. Only one covid vaccine left us feeling blah and lying around. 

I was sitting here thinking about the mailbox decoration. I thought how nice the greenery would look on a red mailbox. I asked Tommy how would it be if I painted the mailbox red. He said, "I don't care. You can paint the post, too, if you want to." I am so happy. I will wait until a hot, dry summer day, wash it, let it dry, wipe if off just before I want to spray paint it. It will look good and work for Christmas, too. I may not paint the post it is on, just spray it black. 

Do you think a red post would look good?

How is the first week of 2024 treating you?

Are you working on your goals for 2024?




3 comments:

  1. I am going to work on Christmas all year long this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red for the Post and Mailbox sounds nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Sandie,
      I thought a red post might be too much. It is settled. Tommy does not care. Thanks.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.