Contact Me

Friday, January 19, 2024

Chicken Salad Chick? & Drafts

 Did you get the scoop from Chicken Salad Chick? I didn't as I could only do one thing Thursday afternoon. So, maybe another time.

Wednesday, I needed to cook the squash we had for a week. Then, there was broccoli that had been here a few days. The last of the Brussel's sprouts were too long gone. So, I grabbed an onion. It all went into a cooking bag. There was plenty of protein. Tommy had ground beef with onions. I had chicken breast with onions. I forgot, I cleaned one red potato and baked that with the vegetables. Yummy dinner and we saved produce that was ready to be eaten. We both had the broccoli and squash. 

Of course, I had trouble sleeping. I finally slept about 5 pm on Thursday in my recliner and with the laptop on my lap. 

At one point on Wednesday or Thursday, Tommy tried to put air in a tire on his car and could not remove the little cap. So, he gave up on that and we stopped by the oil change place for them to air it up. He can barely reach the stems and not at all if they are near the ground. 

I checked the store ads online. There is nothing we want to buy for now on sale. Nothing bogo or a stock up price. This week is usually weak. Stores wait for closer to ss checks to run good ads. Well, that is my opinion. Tommy went in for milk for both of us. 

One day when the temperature was in single digits, I went to the half bath we never use to check out the water. As I turned to leave, I looked out the bathroom window. As my hand neared the curtain to pull it out a bit, my fingers were met with frigid air. I was shocked. I need to stop that draft. There is another window right outside that bathroom. I felt the same strong, frigid draft. I told Tommy and he said, "Yes." I am not sure what that means. So, he knew of the drafts? Yes, he did. I have heard about aluminum window being drafty, but this is my first encounter. Why did he or the people who lived here before him not ameliorate the problem?

All my windows were wood, including the over one-hundred-year-old ones and the two that were forty-eight-years old, windows we put in. So, now I need to go to Lowe's to determine what kind of stuff to put in those cracks. I repaired so many things in my house that were within my reach to repair. Or, I had a friend fix problems. 

Guys in hardware stores are helpful. However, sometimes they tell me off-the-wall things. I know better or can read or ask another guy who confirms my doubts. 

Even though it was around 44F today, I took a throw to put between me and the car door. I had a throw I keep on the floor to put my feet in, so I was set. 

Did you get a free scoop of Chicken Salad Chick?

Was it your first? Did you enjoy your scoop?

Have you ever stopped the drafts around windows? 

4 comments:

  1. I have never used it, but i have heard about a plastic that you tape over the whole window and then use a hair dryer to 'shrink wrap' the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Sandie,
      I had not thought of that. And, I have never done it. But, we are not capable of doing that. Thanks for reminding me. As I talked with Tommy, I remembered the bubble wrap to the window fix. I still could not reach high and neither could he. Something has to be done.

      Delete
  2. We've both ended up sick with a cold here, which I'm pretty sure we got from the Chaplain at the hospital when my Dad was dying. So, I took Nyquil last night and slept for over 12 hours! I actually feel a little better today, but am drinking hot tea with echinacea to help. I have towels in the windows and a coat on the back door to prevent any drafts. Whatever we an use to help. I'm ready for warm weather now. No, we didn't gt the chicken salad. Maybe next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      That makes me furious that he was spreading germs. But, I am glad you feel a bit better today. I thought about towels and decided to just fix it. Oh, yes, I am over the cold weather. Yep, another time.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.