Contact Me

Thursday, January 4, 2024

Temu Orders Disappointing

 The first order was a disaster. I ordered tiny items 1:12 for a dollhouse. The order was in a thin bag, thinner than Amazon bags. The bag had been ripped in transit and taped with a lot of tape that became attached to the items inside. Also, there was another rip in the bag. 

The sleigh bed was broken. The Barbie dress was really beautiful. The sewing left a lot to be desired. The skirt was long with a shorter layer over it. The shorter layer did not meet in the back, barely going around the side of the dress. 

A dollhouse chandelier with a center globe and three other globes around it was all glued flat and would not lie any other way but flat with all globes in a row. A table lamp was broken. 

Obviously, I ordered two treadle sewing machines. One was tiny for the dollhouse and fine. The other was a music box about 5 inches wide, plastic and very disappointing. 

I placed three orders and all were in plastic bags! Right now, I cannot remember what all I ordered and what was broken or disappointing. The little pots and pans were very cute. The fireplace tools were broken. 

A set of dishes is precious and makes me happy. The tea set is cute. The bed and lamp can be repaired. I am going to test them for lead this next week. 

I wonder how old the children were who assembled these items.

Dinner tonight--turkey breast for me and chicken thigh for Tommy. We both had cabbage, blackeyed-peas with Vidalia onion chow chow, sweet potatoes. The cabbage, blackeyed-peas, and sweet potatoes were eaten plain--no salt, sugar, or seasonings. The turkey had only pepper and ground sage. I did not check the chow chow. Do you like chow chow with peas? Have you ever had Vidalia onion chow chow?

Temu carries all sorts of items, purses, clothes, etc. 

Have you ever gone to the Temu site? 

Have you ever ordered from Temu? 

Were you satisfied? What did you order?

15 comments:

  1. I haven't ordered from Temu yet but I have ordered from similar Chinese web sites and so far I've been very happy. Luck of the draw I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I imagine it depends on what type item a person orders.

      Delete
  2. I have heard nothing good about Temu from anyone. Not even looked at the site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I never go there. Stuff just pops up and I end up there!

      Delete
  3. Never ordered from them. Prefer to support American made. It sure is challenging to do so with so much coming from China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have placed one order a few months ago, of several items. They all arrived in tact. The only item I was really happy with was the Christmas nutcracker banners for $5. They were really cute and I got lots of compliments on them and I'll be able to reuse them next year (and hopefully they'll last a few more years).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      As I wrote this, I remembered the nutcracker banners. Why were you not happy with the rest?

      Delete
  5. Never have gone to the Temu site nor have I ordered from them. Not in the least bit interested in doing business with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Good decision! But, the doll house furniture was so cute.

      Delete
  6. I've not ordered from them have not heard a single good thing about them. I have listened to several television news reports, each of them warning that it is a lot of shoddy merchandise.

    On line I did watch a couple of craft people doing a TEMU unboxing. To me I think I could do better at Dollar Tree or another 99c store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I have not heard anything on TV. The miniature furniture 12:1 is what I wanted. Okay, the one Barbie dress was something else.

      Nothing else interested me. I have not viewed craft articles on Temu.

      Thanks for the information. What was not broken or glued wrong was fine. It was a disappointing experience.

      Delete
  7. I've never ordered from them but did (wish )the app they overcharged me ad wouldn't reimburse me and you can't talk to a real person just some stupid robot

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had very good luck with Temu. The few things that were damaged they credited me back immediately with photos. Get lots of craft items there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Sandie,
      Well, you know me and photos! Only the little chandelier was not salvageable..

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.