Contact Me

Saturday, January 20, 2024

This and That

 Friday night, I fell asleep in my chair. This was not sitting up and then waking up later. No, I pushed the chair almost all the way back, took a hand towel from the clean clothes sitting in front of me that I should have folded and put it over my eyes. Tommy said I slept two hours and he slept 45 minutes. We had been out, so I was still dressed instead of in my nightgown. I awoke all cuddly feeling in my jacket and even house shoes. 

We had leftover tonight AGAIN, and I love it. Choices were chicken or pork loin, yellow squash, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, onions. There may have been other vegetables. All were baked.

We still have not collected the ads for the week. From what I saw on the internet, there were no good deals. I found two red tubs, the last two in the store. At a 90% off section, I found two items--sparkling strawberry Jello for 25 cents, and Halloween edible glitter gel for 74 cents. The section had Halloween and NYE items, too. I doubt I will be baking for the glitter gel, but this stuff is good until Nov 2025. I can decorate plain cookies for Tommy...lol. He likes little touches of holidays. 

Called guy who gave me numbers of two cleaners. He was shocked the last one did not return calls. He will come over and do things electronic. Tommy never plugged in his cd player. Neither of us can reach the back of the tv. Best cleaner I had last spring messed up new printer she was connecting. I need a better setup so I can reach it. 

Thursday night as Tommy was raising his chair to get up, it started beeping like a truck backing up. He could not hear it, claiming it must be from the TV. No! So, he muted the TV and could hear it. He was so angry. We were told and read that the charger would last about a month. We have had it nine days. He managed to change back to the wall-wired box the chair had originally. I checked the lights on mine and the power is very low on it, too. Neither of us can put mine back on the wall outlet. So, I will still have to be hauled out of the chair by firemen. 

Today, he forgot to call the company number on the box and instructions that came with it. Maybe he won't be yelling when he calls. Maybe he should. lol But, for over $600 and promises, a charge on the power pack should last longer. Now, we need to get the kind that is plugged into the wall and also carries an emergency charge.,,I think.

Thursday night, I picked two fleas from my foot. I felt the first one bite and picked it off. I saw the second one and picked it off. Today, I sprayed the living room floor with Raid that kills flea eggs before we left. I will spray the bathroom and hall and edge of dining room on Saturday. Yes, I know I should spray it all at once. 

Tomorrow, I go to Lowe's for solution for the drafty windows. But, since it will not be anywhere near freezing, I will probably go Sunday or Monday. Tommy said to make sure it is something we can do ourselves. At this point, I know he will be willing to hire someone to do what we cannot for the windows. 

I finally had a call back from my doctor who said they faxed a referral for lymphedema therapy to the therapist. They have had it for 11 days with no contact with me...sigh. So, I called therapy place. No reply. 

Temperatures will be in 60s next week. Happy dance here.

Have you ever used a car or furniture charger? 

Why can dogs take a pill or wear a collar to keep fleas off and I cannot? jk


5 comments:

  1. I have a portable charger that can be used on electric things or can be used to charge a car battery as well. It just depends on what you use it and how often you use it. When it had to be used for late husbands C-Pap it would last about 8-10 hours of straight use. They generally depend on how much you use them. Can't imagine any working more than a few days at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      We have a car charger, too.
      For the chair battery, we have a charger for that, too. The item that ran out after 9 days is the unit to run the chair. It runs maybe 15 seconds at a time, raising the seat and lowering the seat. It did not run continuously for nine days. Hope that makes sense.

      Delete
  2. your leftovers sound delicious. lots of good vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Sometimes, the leftovers are better than the first time around. I love leftovers if I loved the food to begin with.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes leftovers are tastier than when first cooked!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.