Contact Me

Friday, January 12, 2024

Thursday Nothings and Being Ill

 Thursday, we planned to go to Cullman to collect the mail, buy Ball canning jars with a bee on them, drive by my lot  and a few other things.

When Tommy woke me, I felt as though I was getting really sick, no other symptoms. This happened back in early Fall, too. As then, now I have no concrete symptoms--one place on face has a slight pain as though sinuses are full/infected,   body aches, cough about once an hour--a slight, pitiful cough that is not productive, nothing else except this malaise. When full-blown symptoms finally appeared, I was on way to getting better.

I went back to bed at noon and told Tommy to wake me at 3 pm. When he did, he said I groan and flopped my arm. He called me at 3;30, 4, with me moving a bit. When he was coming at 4:30 to wake me again, I was up. Still, I felt ill. 

We went to the store for milk. That effort, with him shopping, wiped me out. 

For dinner I made slaw. I ate chicken with bbq sauce, slaw, and potato salad. Tommy had honey baked turkey, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. There is still more of everything except the baked chicken I had. 

The potato salad was as bad today as it was yesterday. Tommy did not put enough water on the potatoes to boil, and then boiled them almost dry! I should have given better instructions. He did not know. The potatoes on top got gray, and very hard. They were awful in the potato salad, so I took them out of my mouth. Chewing them was hard to do and gross. 

One day this week, forgot when, I bought one chicken tender to eat. I had trouble with a bite and finally swallowed it. The next bite I found a hard piece of plastic and fished it from my mouth. I wonder if I should call an attorney or just get a new chicken tender. I think the offending plastic was in the breading. I have no idea what I swallowed. 

We both called the guy who had a cleaner in mind. He will call back. I asked him about doing a few things himself. I need the printer connected correctly. I have no idea what the last cleaner did, but she said after the fact, that she had never connected a printer. I have done dozens, but I cannot get to it to work.   

Guy with cleaner friend finally called me. He said he told her about the house (mess I suppose) and she said $350. Well, I want someone to only stay four hours because it exhausts me. So, she would probably fill the garbage can, and we could find nothing we needed! Just NO.

He said he another guy could come help with yard things. He said he could do the things in the house, too. That might work, too. 

Tommy has not had a front porch light since 1986. He told me he was not going to spend money on a new light or electrical work. Well, tonight, while I was talking to the guy, Tommy said he could not get to the light to change it. So, what is the truth? 

This is some progress. He can take apart the deer, too. He will put out the Amdro correctly, too. Tommy gets it on the fire ant mound and scares them away. It appears you kill the mound, but they just evacuate and set up house somewhere else close by.  They take the queen and run. It needs to be put in the yard so they take it to queen to eat. 

Plus, I need the St. Augustine grass sprayed with weed killer. A special application does not kill the St. Augustine grass, just the weeds. 

Things are looking up. Typing tonight has made me incredibly exhausted. It also exhausts me thinking about the chance of losing power on Friday. I know some of you are in the same area or other areas of the US facing the threat of bad weather. Maybe you have a generator.

Tonight, Tommy promised he would get the Santa and two small deer from the bookcase to be boxed. Hurray. 

later

I leaned back and slept three hours. I awoke a bit groggy with both arms numb from sleeping in that position. And, I felt well once again. Who knows why I recovered? (rhetorical only) 

At least I feel well for whatever bad weather happens tomorrow. Have you ever had a day of coming down with something only to have it mysteriously go away?

What would you do about the food with something extraneous that you swallowed and the piece I took from my mouth? 


8 comments:

  1. Tell the guy you want his cleaner friend on an hourly basis, not on a job basis, and ask for her hourly fee. Maybe she'll work that way, maybe she won't...

    If you bought the chicken tender from a FF franchise place, I would photograph the plastic bit (next to a ruler for measurement) and email the photo to the corporate office, noting the date, time, and location of the purchase. They should get back to you.

    No, you should not call an attorney because they cost money and I doubt you could get one on contingency. You really haven't got good proof other than your word. Complaining to corporate would be the easiest route.

    Sometimes feeling ill just strikes and there's no rhyme or reason. Yesterday I felt terrible after an appointment and slept from 1-6:30 pm on the couch. Went to bed at 11:30pm, and slept until 9:30. I feel great now. What was it? Who knows? As my mom would say, "You must have needed the rest."

    Here's hoping you stay safe and don't lose power in the upcoming storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said she has plenty of work. So, she won't be working here! I cannot imagine what he told her needed to be dumped.
      I got over the sick feeling, no telling. Today, I seem to be having symptoms!

      Delete
  2. I hope you are feeling better now, Linda. No telling what was in that chicken. I hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I could not believe I awoke feel fine. Leaving stuff in food makes me annoyed. I really think it was in the batter for crust.

      Delete
  3. Personally I would let it go. Some things are just not worth my time and energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie,
      I am not much motivated to do anything.

      Delete
  4. Linda, did you happen to check your blood sugar when you woke feeling poorly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      No, I did not. All my life I have waked feeling groggy and not feeling well. So, I suppose I accept it and should not.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.