Contact Me

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Wednesday Night Nightmare

Since the wreck, I have had bad dreams about wrecks, dreams I do not want to even think about once awake. Since I still startle at movement of anything on wheels, I try to put the dreams behind me during the day.

Last night must have been a doozy of a wreck, a wreck in my dreams that I cannot remember. I did remember when I awoke, but willed myself to forget.

All the muscles in my body were tensed so and still hurt. It feels like I was running, exercising, and cowering in fear. Well, that is how much my muscles are stiff and achy.  My hands really hurt, just like after the wreck when I was holding the steering wheel tightly and the wreck occurred.

Plus, I am working up to October and being ill. Every day my sinuses are a bit more stuffy. So, I am trying to fight this before it is full-blown illness.

All the other stuff hurts still. Today, I go to have MRIs. Nothing will happen to make it all better, but this is the beginning.

My body feels like it was slammed against a wall.

Have you ever had a wreck and had dreams every night where you have someone slam into your car? Or, maybe it was bad dreams after any trauma?

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are having to deal with all this. I was skittish for a long time after getting rear ended. I don't recall bad dreams, but I probably did have a few (it's been over 10 years now). Hopefully the docs can get you feeling better soon. The thing that helped me the best was the chiropractor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I awake distressed even when I do not remember the specifics of the dreams. A chiropractor would not touch my back after viewing the MRIs.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can relate to being in a wreck and being skittish too for a long time. The worst part the police caused the accident in a mall parking lot trying to catch a car thief. I was in the wrong place just trying to get home. CRUNCH. They totaled my car, can't sue police in Florida and the car thieves were 2 illegal aliens from another country with no insurance. Horrible. But I agree with above, chiropractor saved me. Orthopedic doctor gave me pain killers. No can do, I had 2 babies to take care of...Hang in there and get some therapy. Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb,
      How horrible to have the police total your car. I agree with no pain killers. So, did the police pay for your car? I agree with no pain killers. Chiropractor cannot touch my back. I think I need therapy.

      Delete
    2. no. insurance paid for a rental and a strict amount of chiropractic visits. i call that incident the catalyst to financial problems.We had to buy a new car and become a one car family. It worked because we made it work. I was a stay at home mom and my husband had a full time job. The policemen even joked to me, Oh well you can't sue the cops anymore. What jerks! Hope you are feeling ok. Barb

      Delete
  3. I work my way though distress with my dreams. Some of them are painful but necessary so I can come out on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I think we all use dreams to deal with events. I had a friend who had nightmares for a year until I explained what was going on in her dreams. Then, she quit having nightmares.

      Delete
  4. ouch.
    some dreams are worth processing; others are just to throw out.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.