Contact Me

Friday, September 21, 2018

Not a Lot to Say

After my dream-riddled sleep, I felt horrible all day Thursday . But, I had things to do, or a thing to do. I went to the MRI and found xrays were scheduled. I was not having any of that, so doctor called in MRI orders. Well, I was still dazed from the horrid night of sleep and dreams, so I went along with it until...

I WAS BEING PUSHEDPULLED INTO THE MRI TUBE.

I am not having any of that either. The woman tech was really nice about it. So, a call to the doctor will maybe give me an open MRI. They are talking sedating me for the MRI. I am not sure of that.

On Thursday, yesterday, I missed going to Farmer's Market. Bummer.

So, today is Friday. I hate getting mail from places that are only sending me mail to notify me I am pre-approved for a loan. Calling these places does not work. So, today, I put "no one here by that name." On one I put "unknown."

Plus, I received a mail notification that the warranty on my totaled car has expired. Since it was a 2000 model, you know it had expired long ago.

A news magazine stated it was illegal to sell warranties and pointed out horrible business practices. One woman with dementia was sold a warranty. Another had no car and was harangued into buying a warranty. So, I have a little card trying to sell me a warranty. I am going to have a little talk with someone.  Does it ever end?

7 comments:

  1. If I had been offered a sedative before my MRIs I would have taken it. The noise does for me, and the prospect that if I move they will have to start the whole damn process again. Plus I am a tad claustrophobic. Being wheeled backwards into that tube, strapped down and enduring 45 minutes of hell...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC,
      The noise does not bother me at all. I did these for years. But, one time my arm touched the side and from that day forward, I cannot bear to go in there. Plus, I have gained weight since them. I would go nuts if the pushed me in there with my arms touching. I asked to be strapped down the time the doctor gave me a prescription for one 10 valium. I knew I was so limp my arms would fall off my stomach where they wanted them to stay. They were shocked that I wanted to be strapped down. Before the day my arms touched the sides, I was not claustrophobic. GAH!!!

      Delete
  2. I am crazy claustrophobic and just reading about this is more than I can stomach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      It is stomach churning! Just ask to be sedated if you ever need an MRI.

      Delete
    2. Lat April before my knee replacement surgery they needed to do a nuclear study of my heart to clear me for surgery. I don't know if it was an MRI or what machine, but I had to go into the tube up to my chin and have my arms up over my head for what seemed like an eternity. I am severely claustrophobic, but it helped that my face and arms were not inside of the tube. It was freezing in that room and my arms were up above my head for the whole time of the test. The test required two different sessions in the tube. My arms were so aching, and cold, with fingers numb after the first test, that when I went back in for round 2, I asked the technician if there was some way he could cover my arms up or wrap them so I didn't have to try and hold them in position. He was so kind. He wrapped my arms up in a sheet which kept them up where they needed to be and he even tucked the sheet kind of around my neck and head since I was so freezing cold I was shivering. It made such a difference, even though I must have looked like a half done mummy, I was so warm and comfortable then. I wish I would have known to ask to be wrapped up before round 1.

      I have always found the technicians to be very kind, if only I know what to ask for to make things more comfortable for me.

      Delete
    3. Susie,
      Some are kind. Some are not. The guy who did an xray yanked the sheet under me to get me in position. It felt like he ripped my spine apart. This last one was very kind and gentle and listened to me. I had to hold my arms above my head for so long one time, I could not lower them. I don't mind looking like a half done mummy as long as I am comfortable. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. No it never ends; best to count to 5/take a deep breath/throw out the rubbish and move on.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.