Contact Me

Monday, September 17, 2018

Recipe: Favorite Quiznos Sandwich


So I will not forget, I am posting what I like here. I have only eaten one sandwich there, always the same one and not with all ingredients listed on the board for Traditional sandwich. There are choices of cheese, for instance.

On both sides of the bun squirt Ranch Dressing in squiggles--not too much.
Put shaved meat on sandwich. I only eat the turkey, leaving off the ham and beef listed.
Put sliced black olives and sliced tomatoes and cheddar cheese on top. I leave off the red onions, too.

Of course, I don't have the little machine that slowly pulls the sandwich through while it heats the top, melting the cheese. The oven on my stove will work!

Add shredded lettuce and squish the sandwich together and wrap tightly. The wrapping tightly, even for two minutes makes the sandwich stay together and the heat seems to make it taste better all the way through.

Of course, I order this like I want it, so there are other possibilities on the menu board.  You know how the ads have sandwiches or menu item pictures that are better than the actual things? Well, the actual sandwich at Quiznos are better looking, fuller, and prettier than the pictures. Okay, the meat might not have intricate folds and the tomatoes are not so even, but the sandwich's appearance is not disappointing.

Some day, I might write this in my book of recipes I like. Oh, they do not load one side of the bun and then fold the top over the fillings. The meat, cheese and all fillings are loaded onto both side of the bun, then squished together. It makes a very fat sandwich that is delicious-looking and delicious.

I read that at its peak, Quiznos had 5000 shops and now there are only 800. I certainly want to eat this sandwich if they all fold. I doubt this shop will close since it is near Huntsville Hospital and the complex that is in that area. I think this sandwich shop has very healthy sandwiches which should appeal to health professionals.

For the $7+tax this 7" sandwich cost, I am quite sure I can purchase the ingredients for the same or less and have sandwiches for days. The sandwich was much longer than 7 inches.

Have you eaten at Quiznos? What is your favorite sandwich? Have you notice their closing in your area?

14 comments:

  1. My husband loves their steak n cheese with hot pappers. Ours closed, we were sad, It was a great place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      It is sad when a good eating place closes. I might have liked the stead n cheese without the hot peppers. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I've only eaten there one time. I was at a job seminar and it was the closest place to get lunch at. I don't recall what exactly I had, just that it was toasted and I don't like crunchy sandwich bread LOL, so I've never tried it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      My sandwich was not toasted or crunchy. It was a bit crispy on some of the edges of the bun. You must have gotten some different kind of sandwich there. Maybe it was bread instead of a bun. Try it again and get a bun. You can watch them make it. I watched them make mine and it was not toasted.

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure if they even have Quizno's in this area. I know they have Subway. I'll have to take a look and see.

      Delete
  3. One,
    I have had maybe four Subway's but found nothing this good. Maybe I just did not look for anything similar. To me, there is too much bread involved in Subway's sandwiches. I usually leave off the top and make a mess eating them. If you find a Quiznos, you might enjoy one. or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds delicious and generous, good things for a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      delicious and generous and good for you if a person gets the whole wheat bread.

      Delete
  5. The quiznos near my home closed. Their sandwiches were good, but the manager there was always rude to customers and mean talking to the workers. The first time I went there I headed to the restroom to wash my hands because my friend and I had been garage sale-ing and were stopping there for a quick lunch. As I headed toward the restroom, the manager loudly and rudely called out to me that I had to be a customer to use their restroom. I told him I planned on being a customer after I washed my hands. I used to like the way they toasted the sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,
      WOW! That would have really ticked me off. The manager was rude to his wife at the one here. he was so demeaning that I told him what I thought about his actions.

      Delete
  6. We had two Quiznos by us, but one closed. We ate there once of twice a couple of years ago. We also order the Italian ones as they are our favorite at any sub shop. Definitely cheaper to make at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belinda,
    Too bad so many are closing. I will be making these at home more often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you...I LOVE Quiznos. I like turkey. I will have to try at home too, and use cheese substitute. In KC I only know of one left, but it is not far from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      Quiznos is the best fast food around! Lucky you to have one near. I don't know if I have black olives here. If I find them, I will make on from the chicken breast, just chopped finely instead of thinly sliced. Turkey is what I always get.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.