Contact Me

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

94 F Today! Vegetable Soup

Today was soooo hot. It is like midsummer here today. I was/am a sweaty mess. However, I want this weather to hold on.

Free lunch Tuesday saw vegetable soup, ham and cheese sandwich, crackers, cookies for dessert, and unsweetened tea. Happily, I did not have to stand over this, cooking soup in a hot kitchen. Luckily, there were no peas in the soup. Of course, we got a to-go box/bag with the same items.

For dinner, I put two bottom round steaks and lots of potatoes in a cooking bag and put it all in the oven. My hurt shoulders suffered. This is the first time I have tried to put anything in the oven since the wreck and damage to my shoulders, especially the left one.

Naturally, I made the meat dry. Ten minutes more and it would have burned. I forgot to put in onion, celery, and bell pepper for flavor. But, I did season it all with something...forgot what. At least, Tommy never complains. I tasted one bite and the meat was delicious. I didn't dare eat more of the beef. I had potatoes and my ham sandwich from lunch. I still have the soup and sandwich from lunch.

We are so exciting. I took a nap while he watched tv. Before the lunch, he took me to buy a newspaper at the paper office. And, I returned something I bought two of at Lowe's.

I bought something at Lowe's, could not find it and thought I imagined buying it. When I ended up with two, I was puzzled. Anyway, he drove me to Lowe's to make a return. Neither of us bought anything today, a good thing.

One of my chickens is laying an egg. They eat it before I can get there....grrr. got to stop it. I forgot where wooden eggs are found, but I will call around. I wonder if a pink plastic Easter Egg will work?

So, summer is still with me and I have no complaints. What is it like where you live? And, remind me where you live.

7 comments:

  1. PNW, and it's clear, mid 60's during the day, with a cool, crisp low 40's at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MegB,
      Those are cool temps. And, honestly, I do not want it to get cool, but it will...sigh.

      Delete
  2. Well since I am a tad south of you it is hot as hell here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Even going to the car is a sweaty adventure. It appears that this will go on for us until October.

      Delete
    2. A few days ago I was thinking about closing the pool, then I decided the only way to cool off was to jump in. I think it is going to be worth the battle with the leaves to keep it open through mid October this year.

      Delete
    3. Anne,
      The weather in AL will make it worth the effort to battle the leaves. I was thinking about turning the hose on myself.

      Delete
  3. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.