Contact Me

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Fooled me once...

...shame on you. When exbf cut my hair 3" instead of 1/2", I was furious! Today, he butchered it even more. He asked at the last minute how much I wanted cut off. He used his index finger to measure an inch, two inches, and three inches. I got a little loud and fussy, showing him where a half inch was on his finger.

He only combed my hair to the middle of head, refusing to comb to bottom of hair growth at nape of my neck. Then, he abandoned the comb and sort of used his hands to gather all my hair like he was going to put it in a low pony tail. What is wrong with him???

I kept taking the pick and combing it spread like it fell on my shoulders naturally. Later, he told me he never used the comb but once. No wonder his clumsy fingers felt so strange just knocking my hair about and pushing it flat.

Now, it looks worse than the last time. This will cost $20 to get it fixed, not completely corrected. What is wrong with me???

Fooled me twice, shame on me!!!

He is doing this on purpose, so he can pay for the haircut!

I told him today I was going to have a birthday week. He did one other thing wrong which depressed me so much, I still cannot recover.  It would have cost nothing, but been the most fun!

Starting off my birthday week has been a wreck.

I had told him that eating the free Senior lunch where they have real plates and utensils would start it off since I am always happy with the prospect of going there. The day went downhill after that.

We had burgers from their outdoor grill, nice thick slices of tomatoes, lots of lettuce, cheese on the cooked burgers, a piece of watermelon, apple crumble. I grabbed the watermelon from my plate and ate it first. It was like a sweet, red slice of heaven.

A compounding pharmacist spoke and gave us a lot of good information, plus Q and A. At last, I found out where to get a immunization shot that does not include tetanus.

Have you ever known anyone who seemingly was bound to thwart simple or important plans with actions or attitude?


14 comments:

  1. Have a Happy Birthday-Week! I think we all need to pamper ourselves. We know exactly how we want it done. Sorry about your haircut. I cut my own hair. Not that hard and I have had lots worse at a beauty shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Thank you! Oh, I have paid to have it butchered in the past. It looks like it was chewed off this time. I am not quite sure how to cut the back...lol.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! I cut my own hair too. It's pretty easy (well, since I just have it top of shoulder length). A good pair of sharp scissors from Amazon for $10 and works great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Thanks! That is about the length of mine, too. Right now, this needs professional help before I can do it myself.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday week, Linda. Should be happy for you, not frustrating. I, too, cut my own short hair. I have no patience with someone like your exbf. Why do you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      Thanks. I needed a birthday week...lol. Mine will be short at this rate. He is actually a very nice person. He just seems to unravel once in a while, not in a violent way. He does help me and is good company most of the time.

      Delete
  4. If he's your ex why does he keep hanging around? I'm a new reader so maybe there's a logical explanation that I don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      He told me he did not want to be my bf anymore, but that he would help me in any way I needed. So, that was almost ten years ago. I know it is strange. He has never been married, so he thought any disagreement, especially if it was a bad argument, was a sign we should not be together. I know it is strange.

      Delete
  5. They are called Fun Suckers. I will introduce you to my in-laws. The king and queen of ruining all fun outings. Have a good rest of the week. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need any more Fun Suckers, so no thanks...lol. Why are people that way, I wonder. Thanks

      Delete
  6. I think it a good rule never give one's ex sharp objects while in their presence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I did give him scissors and let him stand behind me, didn't I?

      Delete
  7. Belated Happy Birthday Wishes …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.