Contact Me

Thursday, September 13, 2018

New-to-me Car

Impala Ultimate or something like that
2009
6 cylinder
less than 47, 000 miles
driven by 88-year-old woman, really, it was.
$5000.00

Not on a car lot. I asked someone if she knew anyone with a car to sell. She said, "Yes, I do." She called him. I met him 30-min later. Before I even saw the car, I called exbf to come buy it for me. He got in his car and drove the 62 miles to here. The guy was asking $5500. I asked him if he would take $5000. He slapped the trunk and said, "SOLD!"

The body is perfect. Car was kept in a carport. Oh, it is silver or gray. The interior is immaculate and the ac is very cold. The Altima hurt my back. This one does not.

This is the kind of car I was hoping for. A car being sold because owner did not drive anymore.  Seriously, I have been wishing for this kind of car, the circumstances. She bought the car in 2009. He asked her when she last put brakes on the car. She said she never put brakes on it at all.

LUCK FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND. I feel lucky today. I have asked everyone I know if they knew anyone selling a car.

I asked the guy if I could take it to a shop to have owner assess it. He let me. He never even asked my last name! He said my friend knew. The tread is great, but the tires are at the end of their life. The battery is old, too, so that will not hold up this winter. Otherwise, he said it was a great car. Of course, my car sits out in the weather and limbs fall on it, so this one will meet the same fate.

When we were in the bank, I said to exbf, "So, I suppose now you are not getting me a birthday present?" He said, "THIS is your present." I was kidding and he knew it.

The best I found that I might afford were cars around 2000-2004 that cost $9K to $11K. Newer cars were double that.

I get it tomorrow because the guy did not bring the title.

13 comments:

  1. This sounds perfect. Always great to find a good low mileage domestic that someone took care of. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      Even though I shopped, I kept thinking about some elderly person who no longer drove a low-mileage car. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Great news!
    You deserve a break!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new car! Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.