Contact Me

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

For the Pantry


Dawn Fresh 6 oz Steak Sauce

While I was in Publix getting milk today, I checked out the sale racks as I usually do. I was thrilled to find Dawn Fresh Mushroom Steak Sauce. My mother put this in every pot of spaghetti even though there were mushrooms and beef in the spaghetti.

They were 2@$0.79, a very good price. I bought 4 and left the three cans with rust on the rims. I probably will not use these in a year, so the rusty rims were chance-y. They use-by date is in 2020, so still better!

This item is very nostalgic to me.

Have you ever used this product?

11 comments:

  1. I love this stuff, but have only used it on steak and naked pork chops. Putting it in spaghetti sauce sounds great! It's now on my grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be BAKED pork chops, but it'd probably be good on naked ones, too. LOL

      Delete
    2. LOL...I was going to ask what naked pork chops were. I don't think we ever used it except in spaghetti.

      Delete
  2. I love this mushroom sauce too! I keep it all the time, but I am like you. It lingers in the pantry a long time before I use it. Great buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      If there had been more cans, I would have probably started using it more. If I had found 20 cans. It is so delicious.

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of mushrooms sauce! It sounds great. Now I'll have to see if I can find it, haha. I usually add a can of mushrooms to my spaghetti sauce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      You will love it. Mama put two or three different kinds of mushrooms plus Dawn Fresh in the spaghetti.

      Delete
  4. Not come across this product … but I'm sure you will enjoy it and as you say 'This item is very nostalgic to me.'

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, I will make spaghetti using Mama's recipe.

      Delete
  5. Wow, I have never seen this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Someone about it. It is great of beef or put in beef gravy made at home.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.