Contact Me

Saturday, September 22, 2018

A Sudden Need

Shortly after meeting Tommy, he happened to see my stash ( 8 big bottles, I think) of ALL Free and Clear. He never says anything snarky about how much I have or had. He understands I use coupons and sales to lower the price. But, I see the lingering looks. When I laugh and ask him if he thinks I have enough, he does remark but it is all positive.

He has his own stuff in abundance and will never accept anything that I bought that was wrong. For instance, I bought for practically nothing the brand dishwashing liquid my daughter wanted, but not the right formula.

He helped someone move, and they gave him a two-gallon bucket of dry detergent for the washing machine. He had used it for years before I met him. I suspect the bucket is more than two-gallons. He washes one load every two weeks, putting everything in one load. I know; it is crazy.

Well, I am at the bottom of the last bottle of All. The other day I panicked when the bottle of ALL felt light. I have about two inches left in the large bottle. So, it is time to start looking for sales and coupons to replenish the stash. No, I will not store so many bottles like I did before. I use it so slowly because I only use about a tsp in each wash, along with other things. I rinse in vinegar.

I have seen lots of ALL coupons and sales lately, but I am quite sure they will be hard to come by now that I am looking for them!

What do you suddenly realize is diminished in your stash?

8 comments:

  1. I generally have a huge stash but have let it side lately. I need a huge sale on Angel Soft toilet paper and All Free and Clear this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I could use the Angel Soft, too. Let me know if there is a sale anywhere in B'ham, please. I can have Tommy get it for me. He will be here Tuesday. Tonight, I checked on the price of one of the sizes of ALL Free and Clear.

      Delete
  2. Pickles and Miracle Whip. I go down to the wine closet (that is my food storage because we don't drink) and look at the shelves. I always think I have one or two jars left and am always sadly surprised when I have none left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Oh, yes, "sadly surprised" described me when I have no more MW!

      Delete
  3. I am stuck at wondering how on earth does he get by on such a low frequency of washing? Here, the washer seems to go continully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Here too. He looks clean and his clothes do not stink. I fuss at him.

      Delete
  4. We use the All Free and Clear too. I usually just have one extra big jug of it in reserve. I'm looking forward to being able to stock up on everything, when I have lots more room in the new house and garage to store stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      That will be great to have more room to keep more things in stock. Going into town for things is a pain.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.