Contact Me

Monday, July 23, 2018

Frugal Cooking with the Holy Trinity


Stapelia leendertziae - Black Bells

More about the succulent later in the post.

The weather will be a bit cooler this week. I will put a chicken In the crockpot along with celery, bell pepper, and onion--the holy trinity. I don't care what you say, the crockpot does heat up the kitchen once the temperatures rises! Of course, a "bit cooler" is like 89 F. But, I am taking that temperature gratefully.

I want everything to be cooked when exbf gets here this week. So far, those have been my plans for weeks, but I have yet to achieve that goal. Then, I am incredibly tired. The mushrooms, squash, zucchini, bell pepper combo has not gotten old since he only had it this last week. Along with the chicken and sautéed vegetables, I will make a salad.

Along with the eggs, I left potatoes in the car, but that is not a tragedy if I cook them soon. The eggs left in the car went into the trash. It is NOT frugal to waste food.

Rather than cooking Sunday night, I looked in the freezer and found a frozen piece of cheese pizza. I should have had a salad with the pizza.

On Sunday, I had only one slice of bread and the slice of pizza. Yay me.

Saturday night, I found two hotdogs in the freezer, not the ones I bought on sale, but  cheesey, spicey hot ones. I will be so glad to get some bits and pieces of things eaten from the freezer so I can store other things in there.

Monday plans:

Saute mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper.

Try to hang a few clothes outside. maybe not

Drink more water to help flagging energy. doing it

Put chicken in crockpot. done

color hair

Computer weather says it is 81 F with 100% humidity. Oh, dear, I have to go out soon.

I wrote about getting the SUCCULENT in a post you may remember. It sat on a counter near a window but under a counter. One of the three fingers bit the dust. The other is turning white and getting hollow and hard at the end. So, I moved it to a window with shade all day but quite bright. The last "finger" is doing great. It seems to have a "baby" growing on the end as well as small "baby" things growing from the base.

Since the flower forms from the base, I am hoping this is what the things around the base are. Does anyone have an opinion on the dying finger? Has anyone seen this in person or the flower in person?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.