Contact Me

Monday, July 2, 2018

Monday, Aldi, Ice Cream on a Stick, Nails, Etc.

After trying to determine which day this week was safest for exbf to drive up here, we decided on Monday. So, he picked me up and we went about doing a few things. He drove up to the lake here in town and we just looked about from the car. Even if we both walked just fine, it is hot and there are mosquitoes. I had him drive around a new building and explain things to me.

I walked into Aldi's to get chicken at a cheap price. But, there was none. The only thing I got was a huge tomato just in case my tomatoes had gone south. This trip, I managed to work the cart, getting it loose with my quarter and retrieving the quarter easily. Too many people had "helped" me the other times.

Remembering I needed shredded cheese, I went to a store where I shopped yesterday and got more hot dogs and cheese. At Walmart I tried to return my Flonase as it was recalled. Okay, just not this brand. I turned in prescriptions that needed a refill.

You will be proud of me. Although it almost killed me, I went into Dollar Tree. I wanted a pen to put fireworks on my nails. Well, the places I looked before today had nothing for nails that was under $7. I found a little $1 polish with a pointed brush for painting on nails. I don't think I am capable of drawing on my nails. Since I don't need fireworks on my nails until the 10th, I have time to practice.

Thinking I could at least draw straight lines, I was going for something simple like a burst of fireworks. It's hard to do and I make the lines too thick. I have never drawn on my nails before.

We had ice cream on a stick for $1 from the Dollar Tree. They are usually $2 in a service station, OR you have to buy a whole box at the grocery. I refuse to pay $2 or buy a whole box. For $2, someone has to drive a cute musical truck to my street.  I was hurting too badly to go around the store and look at more.

We had BLT for lunch. He loved the pre-cooked bacon and said at Sam's Club, boxes about 2' x 8" of cooked bacon were available.

Dinner was steak marinated in the Mesquite marinade along with potatoes cooked with it in a turkey bag. Carrots were cooked in the crock pot. I forgot to make slaw.  I had one bite of the steak and one-half of a potato.

I bought the 5 lb. bag of carrots a month ago and I STILL have carrots. Tonight, I will put the rest in the still warm crock pot and freeze some for him. Plus, I still have a 2 lb. bag I just got.

He took home: 4 pint freezer bags with steak and potatoes, huge bag of half-cooked carrots, orange, strawberries, rest of huge tomato, box of assorted Quaker assorted hot oat cereals, 4 huge pretzel rolls. There was not much steak in each bag, but I had asked him whether he would rather have lots 2 or just enough in 4 bags and showed him what I was giving him. He said he can open a can of peas and have plenty to eat.

After the next carrots are done, I have lots of chicken to put in the crockpot.

Since I actually had a good night's sleep last night, I don't feel so exhausted. For once, I actually turned off the light and could sleep.  Thankfully, I feel much better than I did several days last week.

Today has been a rainy day in Alabama, just not everywhere. It rained here for fifteen minutes. No complaints!

Do you still like ice cream on a stick? I love a chocolate eclair, fudgesicle, and banana Popsicle. What ice cream on a stick do you like?


19 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for fudgesicles. And banana or root beer popsicles. Truthfully, I wouldn't turn down any kind of ice cream on a stick. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki,
      I, too, am a sucker for fudgesicles! Now, I really, really want one. Ice cream is wonderful. On a stick makes it better.

      Delete
  2. We used to get something from the Good Humour Ice Cream truck - it was vanilla ice cream but with raspberry ripple through it and then a pink candy coating topped with toasted coconut I think. These days I enjoy a Magnum Bar or Hagen Dass very now and again but they cost about $4 each so it's just once in a while. I have a subscription to the theatre along with six other women and when we renew each year (for 7 shows) we earn points that can be used at restaurants around the various theatres or at the theatres themselves for food & drink so every now and again we treat ourselves o the very expensive Magnum bars on a stick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one Magnum, but the price is too rich for my blood. Of course, a coupon makes it not so painful.

      Delete
  3. I am a Creamsicle gal, but also love grape popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though there is a new popsicle shop in town that has a cucumber lime popsicle and a blackberry basil one and they are to die for.

      Delete
    2. Anne,
      Exbf had a Creamsicle type ice cream today. A new popsicle shop. I would like to try that. Where?

      Delete
    3. If I have time next time I am down there, I am going to check that out. TThanks.hanks.

      Delete
  4. YES I love ice cream on a stick. I often buy the WW bars when they are BOGO- they have Splenda but it doesn't bother me. I also like orange dreamscicles. I'm making some coconut cupcakes soon for the fourth celebration tomorrow. Guess my sis is hosting and we're having ribs, potato salad and whatever I bring. I'm thinking I'll make that broccoli salad- it's good and I can pick the bacon out. I LOVE bacon but I don't eat pork any longer and they would probably all fuss if I had turkey bacon. I think someone might make homemade ice cream- now I could just eat that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      I have never had WW ice cream. I love dreamsicles. However, chocolate won today. Just take some of the potato salad out for you before you put in bacon. Why don't you eat pork? It sounds like a good meal with all you mentioned. I love broccoli salad. That will be good. Do you have arecipe for coconut cupcakes, or do you just throw in coconut?

      Delete
    2. I just baked the cupcakes- I use an Ina Gartner recipe which is basically 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 sticks butter, 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1/2 tsp soda and baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 package coconut. It's a good and simple recipe. I frost with a cream cheese frosting. I gave up pork because pigs are so smart..my sis says what about cows and chickens but guess I don't value them as much.

      Delete
    3. Nan,
      That sounds delicious. I suppose all animals are intelligent in their way. I never use that as a means of discrimination.

      Delete
    4. Ever see Babe? That did it for me LOL and as a former girl scout leader, I don't kill spiders either; I just shoe them away. I had a lizard in the house the other day- it took me 2 days but I finally got him out the front door! All my doorways have gaps at the bottom so I blocked them with beach towels and managed to get him safely out.

      Delete
    5. Nan,
      I never saw Babe. I rarely kill spiders. As a matter of fact, I let some live and catch small flying insects. When I have company, I then pull down the webs, not killing the spiders. Some spiders I will kill. That lizard was helping you by killing bugs. I would not kill it either.

      Delete
  5. I like ice cream on a stick, I like it even better in a cone! chocolate, banana, rum & raisin, vanilla, coffee, toffee are all good with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      You have a bunch of favorites! I have never had rum and raisin.

      Delete
  6. I can not remember the last time I had ice cream on a stick. This sounds so good I am tearing up with nostalgia

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.