Contact Me

Monday, July 16, 2018

Groceries, July 8--14, 2018

Nothing was on sale or marked down.

graham crackers $3
marshmallows
2 Hershey bars
1 Oui
cole slaw mix
2 bananas
strawberries
graham crackers $3
2 half gallons a2milk@$4.49 each
4 bananas
2 kiwi --$.48 each
1 zucchini about $.50

I spent about $25. Too much was spent on smore ingredients.

I bought graham crackers I hated and then bought the originals. Exbf gets the ones I don't like. Someone ate the Hershey bars. I cannot be trusted!!

I specifically bought strawberries to catch two raccoons. Don't believe the people who suggest using tuna or sardines. If cats are around, you will catch cats if you use canned fish. Besides, dump out the fish for yourself and just use the can if you insist on using fish. Honestly, folks, do you think the raccoon or cat looks in and realizes the can is empty and decides to skip the fishy can?

If you put in the live trap one slice of strawberry, even the top of the strawberry with a bit of red, no cat will be tempted. However, raccoons are crazy for strawberries.

Of course, the majority of these strawberries are mine.

I meant to go to the Farmer's market on Saturday, but did not make it. I wanted more zucchini. It looked nasty in the store, so, I wll go Tuesday.

There is a receipt here somewhere that shows I was charged for two avocado @ $.88 instead of two kiwi@ $.40 each.  I certainly want to rectify that mistake. (I did.)

6 comments:

  1. That is still not a bad shopping trip, even if the Smores items were a little higher than you would have liked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. It is not like I will buy those again soon.

      Delete
  2. $25 is really good for a week's groceries. I thought about s'mores last time I was in the grocery store, but was flabbergasted at the price for graham crackers, marshmallows, and Hershey bars! I didn't know 'coons like strawberries. Good tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh,
      I think that is about right considering I have to buy such expensive milk. I was shocked at the price. It works to catch raccoons. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Yes. You have made me start thinking of s,mores. I shouldn't be thinking of s'mores. Thought I would tell you of a great PB&J sandwich which I love. Peanut butter, any jam or jelly, and a slice of American cheese or velveeta. It is absolutely out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I will try that. thanks for the new way to add weight....lol.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.