Contact Me

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Busy Saturday

Saturday, I had a 12-hour day that left me exhausted. Plus, I had to endure the oppressive heat and humidity. When I went in to shop, I had to stay in Publix and Walmart until my hair dried. I just thought I would die if I did not cool off a bit. My hair in this weather just hangs in strings where sweat drips off, bangs too. I am a mess!

First, I went to Belk where I retroactively used a $10-off coupon on a $26 purchase I made last week. I think the woman loaded Ibotta on my phone while she loaded the coupon, not sure. I half-heartedly shopped for shoes, seriously shopped for a purse. I found one I liked and carried in the buggy for a bit. Well, it was 50% off, so I thought I might get it until I found out the original price was $99. It was not even a purse, just a wallet! I put it back immediately.

As I went home, I passed Auto Zone. Often there are carwashes at AZ. So, today I pulled in and got the car washed. I have put more pressure on a baby while washing it or applying lotion than one girl  did on the car. Her section had to be redone. They were sweet girls but not car washers. A mother there looked like she was going to pass out from the heat. The car looks so much better but lacking still. I gave them $5.

(The front seat was full of stuff--newspaper, empty water bottles, receipts, paper for trash, mail to bring in, mail to toss, just stuff.  After the car was washed and I had left, I swung back by.  I asked the girls at the carwash would someone stack it up and put it in a plastic bag for $2. One did. The mother came over and said, "All that?" as she gestured to back seat. I assured her it was just what was on the front passenger seat, nothing in front floor or back seat. They did not have a car to wash.)

I was going to sit in the car out of the heat and run the ac during the car wash. Yes, I was desperate. The ac quit working for some reason. I sat on their cooler. While I was sitting there about 1:15, a man was talking to them. I asked what he was selling. It turned out he was giving away hamburgers that did not sell at some church. Actually, they were sack lunches.

"May I have one. I have not had lunch. May I have two. I did not eat breakfast, either."  He brought me two sack lunches: hamburger on bun, wrapped in foil; cheese in the store wrapper; catsup packet; mustard packet; chips; two cookies in baggie. Multiple that by 2 since I have 2 lunches. I had just opened a Coke, so I was all set. I was busy and lazy and had decided to get a $1 burger When I left, I devoured one free hamburger plain.  So, another free lunch.

The cheese is in the refrigerator along with the condiments. Exbf will love the small chips. Nothing goes to waste here.

A food bank in the country was happening today, so I set out with my two lunches and ate the other hamburger on the way. I just knew the hamburgers would cause me to have problems and I would have to get back to my bathroom. No, I was lucky.

When I got there, I bought a piece of Mounds cake and did not have time to eat it! It was 50 cents, so I will not have lost much if I decide to toss it. It was just too sweet. You rarely hear me say that!

The large, whole hen is thawing in the refrigerator and the two ham slices are in the freezer. I gave away the donuts, dried beans, and a huge can of pork to a woman at a gas station who will take things.

Bread and bagels go with exbf since both are whole wheat. There is no choosing at this place. At one time, there were many people working and I could explain allergy and get different bread. Now, I just take what they give, especially when they were dying from the heat and so was I.

There are about 30 cans in the car that I need to bring in for me, leave in trunk for exbf, and give the rest to woman at gas station. She has boys, big ones, who bring lots of friends home, so they can eat lots.

Tonight, I returned a skirt to WM, and got an adjustment on another receipt. I bought two kiwis at $.48 cents each, but the receipt said it was two avocadoes at $.88 cents each. So, I got about $20 back tonight.

Sunday, the hen will go into the crockpot.  I am writing this on Saturday night.  I am quite sure I will suffer on Sunday from eating beef! I did!

My ac does not work right. There is a new compressor and Freon. However, it just quits blowing. It is so frustrating to have to push the button for ac and the one that causes the inside air to be used, all this while driving.

Exbf said it was like pushing through the air Saturday with all the humidity.  He was out, too.

Are you suffering in the humidity? Tewshooz, I know you are.

10 comments:

  1. I imagine this will not evoke tears when I say I am suffering terribly as we have humidity now sometimes as high at 50%. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like HEAVEN! Ours has been up at right around 70% to 80%, dreadful. No, no tears over your suffering.

      Delete
  2. We are once again under a "Heat Warning" here in Toronto - extremely hot and very humid! It's supposed to feel like 110F this afternoon so I'm heading out to the library and the drugstore this morning before you can't even breath outside. However, we are supposed to get a thunderstorm this evening that is supposed to cool it down a bit. I have A/C in the bedroom but my living room is very hot and stuffy. This weather makes me feel so lethargic - I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bedroom would be my refuge all day and night if that is the only place I had ac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I need a snorkel when I go outside. The humidity makes it feel like we are breathing liquid air. I am hoping a thunderstorm passes through today to maybe give us at least a very temporary break from all this blasted humidity. I hear distant thunder right now. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I have been listening to thunder all day, but the short mild shower did not to make it more comfortable. I hope you get better.

      Delete
    2. It rained just enough to raise the humidity even higher, though tonight we did have a true thunderstorm so it feels decent outside right this moment. I give it an hour before the air is liquid again!

      Delete
    3. Anne,
      I hate to have my hopes dashed.

      Delete
  5. Actually, I am just hot cause it is warmer than my comfort level of 75 to 85. Our humidity is about 20% in summer and not a factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,,
      Those sound like great numbers. We in the South would be very happy with a day like that.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.