Contact Me

Friday, July 20, 2018

Full Moon Effect

Several months ago, as we were in the car, I noticed a huge puffy place on exbf's face. It was about 3/4 inch long and 1/4 inch wide. It was below the eye, to the side, right where under eye skin and face skin meet and on the bone.

As we were going somewhere Tuesday, June 26th, I noticed the swollen place and wondered aloud if it was full moon time. As it turned out, the full moon was the next day, June 27th.

When he was almost two-years-old, he was riding on his cousin's back, playing horsey. His cousin was bucking rambunctiously and bucked him off. He has no recollection of this but grew up with the story.

It seems the full moon causes the scar to rise and become puffy. Now, I am watching my only scar to see if it changes. Well, I have three small scars from hysterectomy, but I am not wrestling myself to find those and see them.

My only other scar is a thin, very narrow line. His is more of an area on the skin. Mine was stitched up by a doctor. His scar had a butterfly bandage. I wonder if the two methods of closing the wounds is why they look different.

He will be here Tuesday, so I will check the scar then to see if it is less puffy. Okay, I did check his scar. It is flat and would not be visible if I did not know it was there.

So, the effect of the full moon on his scar is quite dramatic. Do you have a scar that is more visible when the moon is full, becoming sort of puffy instead of flat? Have you ever noticed this full moon effect on anyone?

7 comments:

  1. I have never noticed scar changes with the moon, but I am on the lookout now!
    Have a nice weekend:)
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica,
    Great! notice at full moon and halfway between to best see a difference. I will be interested. Just comment on this post about the full moon. Thanks. Have a nice weekend, yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, now I am really anxious for the next full moon, I have lots of scars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. busted,
      Look at the scars well now, so you can see the difference when the moon is full. Just put a comment or three here on the post. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Oh the pain. There is no full moon effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      What do you mean? I am not referring to "lunatics." I saw the effect of the full moon on his scar. I have seen this happen for several months. It is not a fluke. The pull of the moon is evident even in a glass of water if you had the instruments to measure it.

      Delete
    2. urspo,
      There is a full moon effect on ocean tides. Tides are higher. What I observed about his scar is falsifiable. It may only be on his eye skin that this can be seen. So, the sample is small.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.