Contact Me

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Tuesday Country Adventure

Tuesday, Exbf drove me to bank and then to WM. I had to go to Dollar Tree to get a comb or pick because the 8 or 10 I have disappeared. Of course, when I went back into the house, my best pick was where I had obviously walked over it.  I had left the house with wet, uncombed hair! Now, for $1 I have 12 more combs/picks.

Today was free lunch day at a church.  We had: hamburger on bun, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion and baked beans. I gave my beans to exbf. I had no condiments, just lettuce and tomatoes. We both had unsweetened ice tea. When I went to get condiments, I did not get either of us the baggies of cookies for dessert.

We both got a to-go plate. I gave him my lettuce and tomatoes with his go plate because I have both here, plus he got my baked beans, and two tiny bags of chips, mine and his. I asked the lady to take the cookies out of the bag with to-go plates because I would eat them if I took them home. She agreed.

We took a ride in the country looking for a museum. There are many Civil War battle sites in this county. We did not want to go today, we just wanted to locate it for another day. We drove forever but finally found it and talked to the owner.

As we drove I took pictures as I plan to publish a book that includes pictures. It is picture-rich and has a theme. Well, if a publisher wants it or whatever.  Maybe self-publish?

While the country was green and peaceful, it also terrified me with its potential. There are wind-y roads, only numbers instead of road names. It would be very dark and isolated out there, especially at night. I have been known to stop and cry if I got lost in the country.

I have said it before--I hate country directions: go past three big stands of trees, or there are two big curves and a little curve. I get nervous when I hear things like that.

This afternoon, I sautéed a box of sliced mushrooms in real butter. He did not want any, so I emptied them all for me. Then, I sautéed zucchini, yellow squash, and bell pepper. I was too tired to slice the onions and was out of garlic. The pot was sort of too full, so I put a bit of water (1/4 c. ?)  to steam and soften. Then, I added olive oil. When there was no more water, there were two cups for him and a little more than a half cup for me.

He took home bagels, bread, and raisins from the food bank, huge tomato, 2 peaches, half box of nasty graham crackers, He only wanted one tomato and two peaches. I was willing to give him more. He got a burger and two small packs of chips, and both our baked beans, along with his hamburger. There were two cups of the sautéed vegetables.  forgot to give him a chicken breast.

He gave me the dental floss and a toothbrush cover from his dental visit on Friday--a small economy.

About 4 pm, he started home to miss rain headed this way. He headed south and the rain was coming from the north. He can eat at home today.

It was cloudy all day, so less heat and less humid, still not comfortable.

Does driving in the country make you uneasy? Do you enjoy visiting Civil War battlegrounds?

8 comments:

  1. I live in a country area so am used to driving a lot on back roads - I quite enjoy it. In my last job I used to drive over 24+ hours per week as part of my job - I listened to lots of audiobooks which was great. I love visiting historic sites and when we travel we often do tours to war sites, have not been to US though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan,
    I actually do enjoying driving in the country if there is someone else in the car. I would feel much better if I had a gun with me! We have lots of historic sites here, especially in the area where I live. I have never listened to an audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the country & I love the country roads. But, I have managed to get lost here & it can be downright scary!
    I find it peaceful to take a ride in the country. So beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. monica,
      I want to live in the country. Yes, I love a ride in the country with someone in the car. It is all so peaceful and such an abundance of green in our state.

      Delete
  4. I like driving on backroads just to see where it will take me. A lot of times at the lake I will drive off into the countryside just to see what I can find. Most of the time I am alone because TheHub does not like to wander without a destination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I can set out on a destination and still get lost or uneasy. I agree with your husband. You could run into a detour that led you to a murderer. I can think up a dozen scenarios where a murderer finds me.

      Delete
  5. Now with GPS, wandering is less adventurous but I too like a good drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I suppose so, but neither of us has GPS. Worst of all, we had wandered into an area that ATT cells do not work at all.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.