Contact Me

Friday, July 6, 2018

Baring it All

The garbage should have been picked up on Thursday, but the city workers had the 4th off and had to get their Wednesday garbage first. The garbage was still there Thursday night. No problem. Friday morning, I thought I would add to it by taking two boxes out about 6:30 am.

I walk down the driveway and about 20 feet along the street to get to the garbage. I used to cross the yard, but too many times I have stepped in dog poop or a slug. So, I go the street route.

When I reached out and slightly bent to put the boxes where I wanted them, I felt my gown tighten across my behind, but not in the usual way. As I got back in the yard, I felt my behind. My gown was hitched up and stuck, cotton nightgown to cotton panties!!! I had been sitting on the bed, and I supposed the wrinkles were set in the knit gown and just stayed there as I stood and even as I walked.

=====>Note to self. Check and see if you are decent before walking around in the yard or road! ugh

 My thighs are not the sight they were once upon a time. They are a different kind of sight. When I put my hand on my backside, I felt panties not nightgown.

I'm wondering how many people I blinded! It was early, so maybe not too many people passed by or were looking out the window.

The mower guy texted me and told me he wanted to mow on Saturday instead of Friday. Okay. But, I am not getting up two days in a row. He can call me and I will get up then, and only then.

I have set up everything to remake the earrings in the morning. I need lots of light for this little project.

Is there a new allergy season? All I have done today is sneeze huge sneezes. The doorways are filled with drying clothes. It has been so humid all day, I doubt they would dry outside. The ac is drying things really fast since the ac removes humidity from the house.

What is your most embarrassing wardrobe malfunction?

11 comments:

  1. This is really hilarious from the safety of my lounge room on the other side of the world!!

    I can't think of too many wardrobe incidents although there was a time i went to work with my shirt inside out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Eventually, I laughed, too. I was in WM and a very middle class lady was ahead of me. I could see the stamped tag in her shirt because she had it on wrong side out. She caught me looking at her clothing. so, I asked her if she had her shirt on wrong side out. She said she was going to go to the bathroom and take it off and put it on right. She said she was known for putting clothes on wrong every since she was a little girl. So, at least you only did it once.

      Delete
    2. ever since not evert since

      Delete
  2. Coming here via Kylie's blog. What's good enough for her is good enough for me.

    What happened ca late September 1991 I wouldn't call a "wardrobe malfunction". I wouldn't even call it embarrassing. It just was. A happening.

    On my first outing after having given birth to the Angel a few days earlier I wore a most elegant lightly coloured (yes, really) two piece trouser something outfit. As I was walking around the shop (some pretty upmarket outfit with plenty of space) people kept looking at me and my baby in arm. Smiled. One group (youngsters) sniggered. Naturally, proud mother I was and am, I thought they too marvelled at the miracle of my life. Alas no.

    An older lady approached me and suggested to pull the baby's shawl down to cover my nether regions. Unbeknown to me I was haemorrhaging like a pig. Bright red on stylish grey.

    U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ursula, I had a not quite so dramatic incident about a month after Son2 was born. I was out for just a moment and had not been wearing nursing pads. I heard a baby cry from somewhere near me in the middle of the grocery story. I had to keep shopping but was almost running through the store, stopping to pick up some cheap paper towels to stuff in my bra in the store restroom. Of course I had on a lightweight hot pink summer top with two huge "headlights" so the damage was pretty much done.

      Delete
    2. Anne,
      With first daughter who was my second child, I stayed wet for six months after she was born. This did not happen with first or third child. I did not nurse, but doctor said he was going to put her on the breast if this did not stop.

      Delete
  3. Ursula,
    If you came from kylie's blog, you are welcome here.

    That is tragic! There is nothing worse than so dramatically spoiling your first outing and a nice outfit.

    It is amazing people do not inform women of these accidents that can happen. Thankfully, she helped you. Thanks for that story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry I am laughing so hard while reading this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      In hindsight (pun intended) it was funny. My face burns every time I think of it.

      Delete
  5. One day I went to work with two different colored shoes on. They were the same style shoe, just different colors. One was black and the other was dark blue. I didn't notice it until several hours after starting the work day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice,
    Exbf said he did that one day. I got into the car with a white and black shoe on and only noticed it when I put my feet out of the car to go into a store. My white pair had the left shoe tear up and the black pair had a lost right shoe, so I wore them in the house or yard.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.