Contact Me

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Another small economy that is large

The yard was mowed today. When I pulled out money to pay the guy, he commented that his yard had not been mowed in a month and could he....I put the money away. So, he mowed my yard in exchange for using my mower on his grass. Works for me. He is an adult and promised to push it back today. I had him fill the gas tank here since I buy 100% gasoline for the sake of the motor.

I hope we can keep up this arrangement. This kind of arrangement was what I hoped for when I got the mower. Since I would have to hold a gun to anyone's head to get a person to rake, even for money, this mower with a bagger causes a lot less drama for me.

Do you or have you had this kind of arrangement with your mowing or another chore? Do you ever trade chores instead of paying money?

6 comments:

  1. I don't do a lot of bargaining. No one I hire wants to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      People I ask never want to. It was his idea. I may go chicken shopping with the money.

      Delete
  2. No but I pay my grandsons to do chores! Older one did a lot of yard work for me last week. My soninlaw helps me out too. I'm thinking of hiring older GS to remove the wallpaper from my kitchen- no one wants that job, including me. He can do some reading on You tube and I'll supply whatever he needs. School starts here in a month but he will be not leaving until late August(he'll be attending overseas as a foreign exchange student) so he might be bored and I know he will be anxious to earn some $$.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      That is nice to get them to help. My grandsons don't live near me. There are lots of way to remove wallpaper. AND, some wallpaper removes more easily than other wallpaper. You might try it down where you can reach it and see if it will just peel off. Some people get lucky. School starts way too early now.

      Delete
  3. That was a great deal, lawn mowing is super expensive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie,
    Yes, very expensive. When someone uses my mower and gas and does not have to drive, I figure $30 for an hour's work is still exorbitant. Trading with a responsible adult is better than great in my book.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.