Contact Me

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Two Crock Pot Decisions

As for what I am doing to alleviate the abundance of non-working Crock Pots around here, I made several decisions.

First of all, I am not going to buy a smaller CP, at least not right now. I am going to use CP #3. I don't feel like shopping for another. Besides, I want to get blackeyed peas going for the New Year.

Second, I am keeping the cracked crock and the lid and getting rid of the heating unit. I will also keep the white crock and lid, the one I got hoping it would fit another heating unit. I will get rid of #1 heating unit and keeping the crock and lid.

Plus, I will get rid of the carrier. I looked and there does not seem to be a handle. I need to check that later. The carrier will go to the thrift store.

The heating units will go on the curb, along with the carrying case.

The crocks and lids will be used to protect baby plants this spring. Now, I wish I had lots of crocks and lids to protect tiny plants. The crocks will hold heat from the sun and hopefully keep the plants from dying. If they are left outside, I must secure the lids to keep curios animals out. At first, I will use them indoors to sprout seeds. I think this is a brilliant reuse, but I have been wrong before!

Now, I just need to struggle to get the usable crock pot off the floor and out of the box. I will need blackeyed peas this weekend.

The nice, sturdy box will be used to store something breakable. I have plans.

Do you think the crocks with lids will work for mini-green houses or hot houses?

4 comments:

  1. I think they will work great for sprouting seeds. Dont know about when the plants grow larger . I think that iwll work if they get enough sun.
    These are great ideas to reuse them.
    I use the plastic takeout containers to start seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara.
      Do you mean the clam shells with lids, the clear ones? Or, do you use small containers to put seeds into? I have used tiny containers, like applesauce tiny pots to start seeds.

      Delete
  2. I have no idea, about the mini-green houses. But I applaud your culling your crock pots!!! All culling is wonnnderful, 'in my book.'

    I love William Morris's "Have nothing in your house, which you do not find beautiful or useful."? Now, all I need to do, is fully put it into practice!!!!! ,-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunno
    I have the same crockpot since college days; the intrepid thing keeps going and going.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.