Contact Me

Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas!

Image result for merry christmas


It is so cold here. However, the weather is dry. Freezing temps have nothing to freeze and cause accidents. That is good for all of us. Today has been a very gray day all day long. But, children can ride their new bikes since there is not rain, snow, or mud.

Exbf came, and we exchanged gifts, and ate a pared-down Christmas dinner: turkey, dressing, gravy, green been casserole, and carrots. Dessert: Whitman Chocolates, and a concoction of pineapple, mandarin oranges, cool whip and coconut that I will make while I eat chocolate.

Since I had trouble sleeping, I got little cooked, no potatoes. He will leftovers, probably enough for two meals of meat, at least. The leftovers for him will have at least three meals of carrots. It was delicious, if I say so myself.

I did keep some of all leftovers for me.

I gave him a pair of pants that he needs. The man wears rags...lol. Also, he got a Diet Pepsi and a little tub of Bubble Gum, afterthoughts that really made him happy, especially the Bubble Gum. He even got a little bank with it.

He gave me a Personal Digital Ceramic Heater. I was looking at one in WM on Sunday. He said he remembered me saying it was so cold in the kitchen that it hurt to go in there. TRUE!

Also, he brought me the very thing I was going to buy the next time I went out. So, he saved me money. I keep a day planner in my purse. The one for 2017 weighed too much. The one he gave me even has a flat pen in a little pouch on the back. That will be handy. He brought me a tote bag. Both these items were handed out at his church, so he brought me one. He said people were getting several for their family. So, no harm in getting two of each.  These weren't "gifts," just given to him at church on Sunday, and he thought of me.

He even wrapped the heater gift and put a ribbon and bow on it!

This Christmas, I have received three tote bags, all three with a church name. Is this a new trend, giving tote bags from church?

He has been gone about an hour, and I have found receipts for things I need to return to three stores. That will be money in my pocket.

Besides the leftovers, I sent him home with Russell Stover candy (his choice from two boxes), 4 Granny Smith apples, 4 Halos, gal of milk, another frozen pint of soup I forgot to give him, enough turkey for several meals or sandwiches, bread I mistakenly bought that had whole wheat, half pint of milk from Senior Christmas Party.

Today was a Happy Christmas. Today was a pleasant Christmas.

How was your Christmas? Was everyone well?

7 comments:

  1. I am glad your Christmas was happy and pleasant.
    Ours was quiet but lovely, though a family member (not living in the same state) has serious health issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC,
      I hope the family member sees better health in the future. Exbf is basically a pleasant person to be around. He is happy when he eats my food...lol.

      Delete
  2. That sounds lovely!
    We are in the process of cooking a toned-down dinner for we are too pooped. Hone baked ham, cheesy potatoes, brussel sprouts with bacon. Wine. I am having a snort of bourbon. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Linda! You day sounds like you had a pleasant holiday. My Christmas was very nice. We got 4" of snow during the night. Messed up lots of plans. We so rarely get snow on Christmas here in the Pacific Northwest. But it did look so beautiful. May your New Year bring good health, contentment, joy and many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I read about the snowfall that was so rare for your area. Around here 4" would paralyze the whole area. It was pleasant with nothing unusual. Thank you. Hopefully you will have the same kind of New Year.

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas Linda! It's cold again here. I was enjoying those few warm balmy days. Wish they'd come back. At least it's not raining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine,
      No rain is the best. Cold is not what I like, but you have a better chance of warm than I do right now. I hope you had a Merry Christmas, too.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.