Contact Me

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Better Thursday, Maybe

Last night, I slept soundly, a long refreshing sleep. Today, I am not dizzy and not so exhausted with each step. My throat does not hurt as much as yesterday. I am not well, just less ill. Is there any such thing?

My potatoes died, but today, new green is appearing. Hope springs eternal or something like that. It is 52 F. The sun is brilliant and the wind is minimal. The pots are still covered with the sheet. Before it gets dark, I will put the cardboard back over the sheet and anchor it.

The case of the disappearing Christmas cards is being investigated. How could I misplace them? Well, a fter searching for the three Christmas cards, I looked over, and there they were!

My computer is beeping and a voice is threatening to disable my computer so it will not damage the Microsoft system. they are sending me credit card info. I must not close the page before calling. nope, not falling for it. Let me take care of this.

I kept closing the page and the site kept asking me if I wanted to leave this page. Pop ups that were serious and threatening to me and my computer. I called the number and yelled at the guy. He said he did not do anything and YES he was Microsoft and I needed to give him information, personal information! I slammed the phone downas I was yelling! Everything calmed down with my computer, and my computer was not disabled.

Cards are stamped and mailed. While I was out doing a few things, I used my last CFA card for a chicken sandwich. At 2 pm, the roads were packed and so were shopping center parking lots. Christmas shopping is going strong.

Washing my hair, packing a box for TX, buying one more gift, and attending a Christmas dinner are on the agenda for the rest of the day. 4: pm--hair washed. Now to get ready for the dinner at 6 pm.

Later

Your turn
Are you in the throes of getting better and worse this season? This has been going on since mid-October. I feel awful some days and just fine others. Have you gotten messages from your computer with a siren going off, telling you to call and give them info?

10 comments:

  1. Siren going off and telling you to call them - best thing to do is shut your computer off - they lose access to the port they are connecting on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean,
      I did. And, when I turned it on a few minutes later, it started again. So, I cut it off again. Finally, whoever it was gave up.

      Delete
  2. Hope you start feeling better. Then stay better! Last thing anyone needs during December is illness. There is always so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Amazingly, I am feeling better. I was going to have exbf drive me 25 miles to doctor. I don't think so now. But, I will go to a doctor here. I know, I cannot get these boxes packed and mailed feeling like this. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better. I was a victim of the hostageware-crashed my computer three years ago-not fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      I am feeling much better and still sick. But, I can move. I hope this is over with the computer. I know how to shut it down without giving them access, so maybe I am not a good victim.

      Delete
  4. I have had that thing with my computer, i have also had one where they call your house and say they have remotely detected a problem. Apparently a lot of people buy it. I'm pleased you are not one of them, it's the last thing you need.
    It's summer here so not so many colds and flus around but my husband was off sick for a couple of days this week. he never gets sick and doesn't stay home when he does so it must have been bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I hope I stay "with it" enough to resist. I hope he doesn't keep having relapses like Anne, Kim, and I have.

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you are on the mend. I just hang up on those saying they are from microsoft. DH tells them we have apple (we don't) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one,
      I think I am on the mend. So many times I thought that and got worse. That is funny to tell them that.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.