Contact Me

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Five Pounds of Tiny Rocks

The cashier had to come around and take a plastic container of rocks from the basket of my electric cart. AND, she picked it up by the top because she could. The plastic lid came off the plastic container making a mighty noise and startling her as it fell and the lid came off. Well, lots of people looked and questioned her.

Rocks flew everywhere as the container hit the ground! Most landed right in front of the cart, but a few were ten or more feet away in an area where people would walk. I suggested she get the ones people could slip on. She curtly replied that was what she was doing. "No, those lone rocks in the aisle might cause people to slip." She looked annoyed and went to get them.

I have a project in mind, and it's not painting rocks. I had no idea that a container about the size of a pint jar could weigh so much. The earth must be heavy...ok, being silly.

This is called planning ahead since this project will be a County Fair entry next September. My mind races when I consider my entries planned for next year.

Do you plan artsy projects a year ahead. Garden plans are in the works, too. I have seen the vegetables on display and think I can do as well, hopefully better.

Now, I will have to wash five pounds of rocks.

2 comments:

  1. Washing the rocks is a long time statement in my household to imply I have to go do something senseless rather than do what needs to be done or sit still or be in the present matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. urspo,
    I have never heard the term. Well, if I did, it went right over my head. Thanks for that explanation.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.