Contact Me

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Monday Christmas and Tuesday Christmas

Monday, I went to Lowe's in a futile search for a piece of row cloth to cover my potatoes. As I went to the door, there were lots of drum pieces and music stands around outside. I jokingly said to the people there, "Is Lowe's dealing in musical instruments now?" The guy laughed and said there would be a concert. Hmmm

What I wanted was not to be found, so I hung out for the music from the St. Bernard Prep School Jazz Combo. It lasted about an hour and was very pleasant. The group consisted of the guy who was the teacher, students, keyboard, four saxophones, two horns, an electric guitar, a flute, and a drum set.  The whole experience was very pleasant, fun.

There was six-year-year old who thought the performance was all about her dancing with jingle bells. That child certainly got a workout. She swung her very long hair about as she sang, jumped, whirled, did a bit of a shimmy once, hopped on one foot and generally was a delightful child. Her two-year-old sister tried to join in. Their  grandfather was the teacher and played the keyboard. The little one just stepped from one foot to another, standing firmly in place, and keeping perfect time. They were adorable and entertaining, especially the older girl.

Tuesday night was the Christmas party for a small group. There were only five people there, plus the leader. I took Halos with Kisses in with them. One person ate one Kiss! Oh well, more for me. The other offerings were taco soup, goulash, sweet potato casserole, crackers, and a two gallon plastic jug of cheese balls. We are in rural Alabama, folks. One guy thinks he never has to bring anything. He comes empty handed. jerk

My gift for exchange was the Dak ham and a pound of pinto beans. Other items: two dishtowels and candy, dish towel and two plastic utensils, beautiful, burgundy thick throw, set of lighted screwdrivers, homemade bone pillow for neck or lower back. I got the burgundy throw. The guy who brings nothing got the bone pillow and let his disgust show. So, the woman who got the screwdrivers got her bone pillow back because he was overly admiring the screwdrivers she got. jerk  The guy who brought the cheese balls got the ham and beans. I asked him if he cooked, he said his mother does.

This was supposed to be a dirty Santa game, but no one played it that way. Everyone was satisfied with choosing a new gift. I suppose people were hoping for something besides dishtowels and beans that were already opened...lol.

Everyone shared a family Christmas tradition. Then, we shared our favorite Christmas gift.  That was fun. The jerk managed to talk over the last of many of my sentences all night.

One guy said he and his brother got bikes for Christmas and his mother made covers to hide them under or in front of the tree. He said he sneaked down to see what he got. In the dim lights and shadows, all he could see was the bulk of the bikes, so he ran terrified to bed, thinking he had seen Santa bent over, and afraid he would not get anything. By this point, we were all just talking about funny Christmas stories.

I give up. Tomorrow, I go to the doctor. I may have a uti. At any rate, I ran a temp on and off today. I feel terrible. For two months I fought the head and chest problems, but the uti I cannot fight. Besides, I am tired of feeling so rotten on and off along with feeling fine for a few days.

One more party coming this week!

Take at a look at previous post.

Your turn
Do you have a funny Christmas story?

4 comments:

  1. Hmm one year when I was a girl, the tree fell over in the middle of the night- not so funny then. Mom had put it in a bucket of sand and it just didn't hold. I made a batch of cut out cookies yesterday- not my favorite thing to do alone- and today I'm making some chocolate crinkles. Things are slowly getting done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan,
    I can imagine how unfunny that was. Chocolate...yum. Nothing is getting done here, not even slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are not feeling well again. I don't really have a funny Christmas story...other than the time I drank a little too much wine with my cousin-in-law at my in-laws Christmas party and my cousin-in-law and I both declared we were not having kids and by Easter we were both pregnant. This was out of the ordinary for me as I typically stick to one glass of wine at a party, however if you knew my in-laws you would understand. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      You don't seem like the type to over drink. But, that is funny in weird sort of way. Some in-laws will force a person to cope by over-imbibing. Thanks for that story.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.