Contact Me

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

The Day After

Christmas wore me to a nub. So, I slept for about 10 hours! I even took a nap yesterday. I told exbf to wale me in an hour since he watched tv while I slept. He said he had been calling my name for ten minutes when I finally awoke. I may even take a nap in a little while.

In the meantime, I need to go out, but I am afraid...very afraid. Will I find a place to park? Will I find an electric cart? Will I find what I want?

What do I want? A loaf of bread. I ate a piece of whole wheat bread accidentally and had a bad reaction. Now, I just want a turkey sandwich.

What do I need? I need weather stripping to make the kitchen window less drafty. Their is a huge draft coming under the window, not sides or top. There is a breeze. I am trying to figure out what I can use without buying something. I wonder if the cheap foam ac filter cut into a strip would work?

The temp is 33 F, so staying in would be the best thing I can think of. If I go out, I need to put on socks and shoes and not sandals. Bummer!

What do I need to do when I go out other than buy bread and weather stripping? UGH I need to return a few things. One thing I lost and rebought. Another thing I just left out of a package. Another thing I bought for myself and will return. However, I can return them next week.

What do I need to do here? Wash dishes and clothes. Actually, I need to transfer loads of dry and wet clothes.

The only thing keeping me in for a while is staying here to watch The Chew. So, at 1 pm, I am free to leave and face the cold and crowds. Maybe I will just toast a cheap hamburger bun and have turkey and lettuce on that.

Oh, I just read the funniest joke ever. Go here for a joke that had me laughing loudly for ten minutes. Okay, so I only laughed for five minutes.

What force is pulling you or pushing you to stay home or go out today? What do you need to do when you go out or what do you need to do at home today? Was the joke hilarious? What do you need to return? Will you bring me a piece of pecan pie?


12 comments:

  1. The force keeping me at home is the 4 year old granddaughter who has plans. No idea what her plans are but she has then nonetheless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      My children were good at keeping grandparents occupied and entertained, and yes, the kids had lots of plans.

      Delete
  2. Well - it is currently -11C (about ZeroF) so that is keeping me inside! We've also had snow falling off and on since Thursday and now it's solid ice on top so a bit too dangerous for walking.
    I avoid Boxing Day shopping at all times and since there is a lot of food in there is no need to venture out. I might go out tomorrow just for some fresh air but I'm spending today cooking up a batch of veggies - parsnips & squash roasted, a fresh batch of potatoes mashed, rutabaga boiling on the stove, and I'm about to put a whole cauliflower to roast in the oven - mixing it with some curry powder! This will mix and match with ham steaks, turkey slices and turkey meatloaf for the next week!
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie,
      Those temps and especially the conditions would keep me in. You cook like I do--just cook food, have it there, and it can be mixed and matched. All those root vegetables sound like seasonal cooking at its best.

      How do you roast cauliflower?

      Delete
  3. Bubble wrap!! You can roll it with the bubbles facing out, or just cut it in strips. I also cover cold windows with it. Spray water from a spray bottle on the window and just place the bubble wrap on the wet window. Bubbles facing the window. The wrap will stay up, so don't be touching it. If it starts to come off, just spray water again. It really makes a difference when it is cold outside. Have a good week and now on to New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Put the window down on bubble wrap? I know about the bubble wrap on the windows, but have never tried it. Plus, I cannot get up high enough to stick it down. Maybe I will find someone to do it for me. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I actually went to WalMart yesterday and it was fine...at 7 AM LOL. First I hit Winn Dixie- EMPTY- and then WM. I looked over the 50% stuff and bought a tree stand. I said earlier next year I am buying a real tree- no more fake looking one. My old stand was long ago donated. Now today- I think it's Wednesday lOL- I have a short meeting to attend at 10 AM. I don't intend to do any shopping except at Aldi's and if it's packed, I won't even go in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      Going early was my goal today, but it is noon and I just awoke. Sleeping so late is a good sign I am trying to be ill. I have four extra stands that you could have had, all new looking. I must go out for one thing, so I will get the bread I need/want. I dread it.

      Delete
  5. About 20 years ago, after dealing with crushing crownds, I vowed never to shop the day after Christmas and I haven't. Have no returns and hardly ever do as I buy very little at regular stores except for food and some personal items.

    For your window - a rolled up towel will do the trick until you can do a better solution.

    Yes, the joke was funny and still has me chuckling when I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellen,
      For so many years, shopping after Christmas was so much fun. Since I need an electric cart, it is not so much fun finding one or waiting.

      I did just that, taking the opportunity of a cleared window sill to clean it well. Towels are rolled and the draft quelled. I just stood there for a minute, looking at it and asking myself, "What would Mama do?"

      I read that joke to exbf and he roared with laughter, and so did I, again. He rarely laughs at anything.

      Delete
  6. 3 degrees and snow kept me inside. We used to take scraps of fleece material (leftover from all those tie blankets we made!) and roll up and put along all our window ledges in the winter time. Helped keep drafts down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      That is cold...brrrr! I put dish towels there, rolled up. I thought about fabric, but had nothing I wanted to sacrifice to the possible stains or cut up. Thanks. My brain did finally kick in.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.