Contact Me

Friday, December 22, 2017

Is a wreath on the door too much to ask for?

Around here it is. Three years in a row when I put a wreath on the door, a tiny bird took refuge there. When I opened the door, the bird flew in. Finally, I gave up.

I would forget to check for the bird and just open the door, so multiple times a day I had to chase the bird and leave the door open in raw weather. Having ten-foot ceilings made it impossible for me to swat close to it to discourage it.

Not worth the wreath!

Has a Christmas greenery, even fake, provided entrance to your home and refuge for anything wild?

I called the doctor and he said the flu has to run its course. This is miserable.

3 comments:

  1. Just happened to my dd this year in her first apt. Two made residence and one got in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I have never heard of this happening to anyone else. I would never had guessed it would happen when I put up the wreath. I have been afraid to put up one since then.

      Delete
  2. we have an awful tinsel-y cheap christmas trash wreath

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.