Contact Me

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

More Free Food

Finally, I have a turkey breast, given to me Friday. It is thawing and the crock pot is waiting. I just wish I felt better. The only reason I am thawing the turkey breast is that there was no room in my tiny freezer to fit it in. I need to stuff small bags of the ham in there somewhere.

On Saturday the church that gives beans and rice and other food did not give beans and rice. No, they gave canned food and a huge bag of pork chops. I suspect there are at least a dozen. I have felt so horrid that I just plopped the bag into the freezer to deal with later.

Plus, I was given a gallon of milk that has a date of December 31. Exbf will get that. When I was offered potatoes, I took four large ones and could have had more. A loaf of sprouted grain bread goes to him, too. The nasty white bread will stay here.

Another bag of frozen assorted meats has me set with meat for a month plus what I already have will last me two months.

Never fear, I do not eat just meat. I have carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes bags of frozen vegetables, lots of fresh and frozen fruit. Soon, I will use the dehydrated grape tomatoes. AND, I have Kisses. I won't be cooking or baking, and I am not a bit sad about it.

Still in recovery mode, just exhausted.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for YOUR beautiful card too! I posted about it on Facebook, but I guess you're not on that.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,
      I do have a fb account that I rarely look at. I am working on feeling better by just lying here mostly. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Are you going to your children’s house, or are they coming to your place this year? Hopefully the free food is something you can use for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither. I will be able to use all this food alone...lol. However, if they were coming, I would definitely have enough and they would enjoy it.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.