Contact Me

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Santa Hat Kisses and Nightmare at the Christmas Parade

Aren't these cute? Hershey's kisses and Hershey's miniatures, along with Cella Chocolate Covered Cherries are my favorite Christmas candies. Hershey's has outdone themselves with the new foil hats. Have you seen these?

When I copied the package, it obviously has a large margin, hence the wonky look of this post.

Late last Saturday afternoon, I went to WM. I came home my usual route and could not get to my house for all the roads blocked. Let me explain. There is a highway running north/south and one running east/west. I live in the NE quadrant. The railroad track which runs north/south is the divider. I travel home in the SW quadrant, cross the railroad  tracks to get into the NE.

Well, all roads running east west were blocked by cones or police cars. So, I just kept going north and trying each street. Finally, I was about 8 blocks beyond where I wanted to go and where I live. Now, I am in the NW quadrant. And I am frustrated. I did not know what was happening. Why could I not get over the railroad tracks to get home?

I got back on the road beside the railroad tracks and went south this time, searching for an open road to go over the tracks. Finally, I got over the tracks and asked on of the members of the horde of people what was happening.

The Christmas Parade!

As I finally got on the other side of the parade route, I have never seen so many cars parked on that side of town. Every municipal building parking lot and any lot was filled for at least ten blocks. The city changed the parade route.  However, I still don't know where was the route.

Usually the city blocks the state highway for several miles. And the parade floats clog the SW part of the city. I suppose it is my turn after almost 50 years.

If I could walk several blocks, I could be in the midst of the second happiest place on earth. Seriously, this town does up festivals right. As it is, I am on the fringe and seriously frustrated on the summer weekends and during Octoberfest. I may need to get me a new regular route.

I was exhausted by the time I arrived home. whew!


Your turn
Have you seen the cute Hershey Santa Hat Kisses? Do you live in an area that continually blocks you in or out of your neighborhood?

2 comments:

  1. The large road which crosses Sydney from north to south is only a few blocks away and we cross it nearly any time we go any where. One of the large east- west motorways is also just blocks away but there are underpasses which stop it from disrupting local traffic. We don't get blocked by parades, just roads!
    I like the Santa hat kisses, they are clever and cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      There are no underpasses here. But, the parade only happens once a year, so next year I will be prepared.
      The kisses are great, one of my favorite candies for Christmas.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.