Contact Me

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

New Friend Found at Senior Christmas Party

The woman who sat across from me had brought her mother. Since she was directly across from me, we talked a bit. At one point she pulled an "I Voted" sticker from her mother's coat because the sticker was wrinkled and stuck down crooked.

We exchanged a few words about the election and both mentioned the nut job. Suddenly, we both realized the other was a Democrat. In this county, practically the reddest in the state, that is a rare human. Okay, we are in the middle of the red counties. She was so excited that she wanted my phone number "because it is hard to find a Democrat around here."

Since I sat right across from her on Friday and was very ill on Saturday, it is safe to say I was contagious on Friday. So, I called her on Sunday and warned her that I may have exposed her. She was very appreciative and thanked me several times.  We talked for almost two hours.

I cannot believe I met a Democrat! That was the third thing I did not tell about Friday.  Okay, maybe not so exciting, but to me it was so unusual. I suspect she will be a friend and not just an acquaintance.

When I feel better, I will read more blogs and catch up. After I read a few, I become really tired. Monday night, I told exbf not to come on Thursday since I do not feel up to it. Napping might be the thing to do.

Have you met a potential friend in a strange place and where and when you least expected to do so? Are you still friends?



6 comments:

  1. How nice! I never had such a wonderful opportunity. I hope, you guys become good friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      Hopefully, we will. At least, I have found an interesting community for potential.

      Delete
  2. I don't really think of myself as a Democrat but I was SO happy that the whackjob Moore did not win. Of course, I voted for Jones but was not sure he could pull it off. I have several true blue Democrat friends, so there are some around, even in Blount county! ha! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mamahen,
      I have had a hard time recovering from the flu. Hey, I had to vote as a Republican in Sept, but it was worth it to stop him. I need to know more Democrats! Thanks.

      Delete
  3. most of my friends are met just this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      This was a surprise since being of the same political party is not the way I choose friends. However, it works for me in so many ways.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.