Contact Me

Friday, December 8, 2017

First Christmas Party

Tonight, I was still trying to figure out why the new tv won't work, talking with a salesperson at WM. That made me late to the Christmas party. I arrived about 20 minutes late and everyone had a plate of food! When did ''refreshments'' become a dinner?  And, it was catered. No complaints.

I had eaten something before I arrived, so I brought most of the plate home. The sweet potato was sooo huge, at least of cup of sweet potato.

We had pork loin, salad, sweet potato, roll, fruit salad, and tea. It was delicious and there is another meal in it for me. We played a musical Christmas game.  The red and glittery goody bag appears to have great goodies. Who cannot use a new pen? Seriously, there is a bound book for taking notes, i suppose. Since it has advertising on it, I will cover that with fabric and glue.

Contents of Goody Bag:
Spiral notebook, at least half inch thick. Spirals were the rubber coated kind.
pen
book on health for older people
Boost, one bottle
plastic bag with samples like bandaids
pillbox
lotion sample
gorgeous, reusable gift bag

Now I have a beautiful red gift bag for the season and can use it for a gift for someone else. I drove three miles, round trip total of 6 miles.

Altogether, it was a pleasant evening. And, I have another on the agenda.

I have a Diabetes Support Group Christmas gathering next week. A gift for exchanging and a dish of food are expected. I will prepare what is here. The gift will be something around here, new of course. The new bag is too pretty to take there.

Have Christmas parties of any kind started in your life? Or, are they planned for later?


5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Linda. We had our first holiday gatherings at work, one disrupted by late commute and the other I missed because of an off site meeting Still the season is early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Merry Christmas! Yes, it is early. There will be others for you. Bummer, anyway.

      Delete
  2. I have two Christmas parties. Both with embroidery guilds. One is a potluck and the other is a gift exchange. I have had one already which was much fun. The other is next week. I have been in these guilds almost 30 years, and while members come and go, some of us have been there 25 years or more. I count them among my very best friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      What a nice experience to have been in those guilds and have long-time friends. Your season started with a bang.

      Delete
  3. I had the office party. I have no more. It's a bit lonely this christmas season. I am more or less alone. Ah well there will be other christmases

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.