Contact Me

Friday, December 29, 2017

$$$ Perks

I rarely ever use my Belk credit card, but obviously I have used it enough in the last ten years to earn a $10 credit. Of course, I will use it after Christmas and maybe even wait until the new year.

Rite Aid sent me an email that I have $2 in Plenti Points that expire on Dec. 31, I will see what I need or want that costs that much or a little less. At first, I was going to get Cella Chocolate Covered Cherries but never went to Rite Aid. If they have any Cella left, I might get those.

Lately, every time I enter Walmart, I am offered a 50 cent coupon for the store. Those work, too. Maybe I will save a few of those for after Christmas sales. I have used 2 and 5 more to use.

 A $10 KFC rebate coupon arrived to be used soon for a meal or two, depending on the day I eat.

A card with $26 has not loaded, so I wait on that!

Maybe I will use the first two to buy gifts for birthdays and possibly Christmas gifts for next year. At any rate, all except the KFC coupon can be spent on reduced items now that Christmas sales begin.

That is about $50 to spend somewhere. It works for me. It is not much compared to what others get. Of course, I am not counting what I have gotten during the year as this was only December perks.

Update on the above which I wrote last week: I went to Rite-Aid and it was impossible to use the Plenti points. I did buy something I needed and could not find at WM or elsewhere. Of course, it was more expensive at RA, but there was a coupon for $2 on each package. If it is not cleared up tomorrow or Sunday, I will be annoyed to lose my $2.

Every time I go to WM, I forget to use the five fifty-cent coupons, but I have a month to use them.

What do you get in the way of perks for whatever lately?


7 comments:

  1. The only thing I have had that was a true perk was a gift certificate for Honey Baked Ham. Evidently TheHub got it in 2011 and it got stuck between the bottom of the junk drawer and the kitchen cabinet. I had no idea we even had one, so I got a free (to me) Christmas ham.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      That is a really great perk. Does he remember it?

      Delete
  2. Just the usual perks, which go with use of cards, each time... If they have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often get $5 or $10 gift cards at TARGET. I also receive a $5 coupon for each 5 prescriptions that I have filled at CVS. (
    That last one is up to $50 a year)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Thanks. I may have to try the CVS prescription thing, but WM probably has cheaper prices. I can check.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.