Contact Me

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Christmas Shopping is Finished!

I am exhausted. I went to one store and returned something and was going to buy it at another. When I went to the other store, the prices were prohibitive, so I went back and rebought what I returned.

The next step is to find what I bought earlier. Then, getting it all packed in two boxes, one for NY and one for TX.  Getting it into the PO will be a difficult task.

When I entered the door at Publix, a woman greeted me and said they were having a tasting. I ate a full meal just in samples! If I could have afforded the $25 ham, I would have been in heaven. It was so delicious. That was the sale price!

All the gifts are sent unwrapped. My dil and daughter don't mind wrapping. It would take a larger box if I wrapped things. This way, I can strategically pack it in a box and save money on mailing. However, this year, it seems gifts are less bulky. I might get everything in a smaller box for the TX gifts. But, I have birthday gifts that are late that will go in the boxes.

Shopping in Belk is trying since they have no electric carts. They do have carts to shop with which I leaned heavily. I even sat for a few minutes in the shoe department.

I received my photo Christmas card from my son and dil. Their children are only 10 and 12, but they are so tall. Son and dil are tall. My daughter has not sent me pictures of her children yet. All four of my grandchildren are so pretty. Yes, grandsons are pretty, too. Okay, they are handsome.

Shhh, I bought myself a small red velvet purse on sale. Well, everything today was on sale. It is so impractical yet was so inexpensive. I suppose this will be my Christmas purse for years.  I needed a small purse to carry for dressy occasions. This was not what I was looking for, but it spoke to me.

Your turn
Am I the last person to finish her shopping? Do you have many gifts to mail or are they all local?

9 comments:

  1. I am not done with shopping. There are 24 in my family. They all live local, 5 kids, spouces and 12 grandchildren plus my husband and my Mom. Mom is 93.
    I miss Belks. When we lived in NC, I would go to Belks with my Mom. She would buy my kids clothes there. The grandkids are still wearing some of them. It is hard to find nice kid clothes where we live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      Since they are all local, you have time yet. I love Belks. My friend was going to buy Christmas presents with my help. He was going to drive to WM. When I suggested Belk instead, he yelled that it was too expensive. I told him we would look and only buy sale items. When we left with gifts, he was shocked, saying he did not know things were cheaper than WM. I never buy anything unless it is reduced. Belk has pretty children's clothing at good prices when on sale. Otherwise, they are pricey. I bought my children's clothes there, or made them or got them from yard sales.

      Delete
  2. I am waiting on a few deliveries here- I give cash but like to include a little something to open. I ordered soninlaw a digital meat thermometer. Men are the hardest IMO to buy for. I just give local soninlaw cash and a bottle of some alcohol LOL. I will start delivering this week- cookies, some fudge I made over the weekend to a few of my clients. We have a Belk's but IMO even with a sale, they are pretty $$ and I don't have their charge card. I hate it when a store gives a discount for using their charge card- it's a pet peeve of mine!I finally got a Target charge and then when I went to use it, I needed a pin!!!! Would you believe the corporate office sent me a letter saying they were closing my account since I never used it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men and boys are always difficult to buy for. I have bought quarter things for the girls, but nothing is ever a quarter for a boy. These were not main gifts, just something cute and extra. As for Belk's I bought myself a bracelet that was $16 and marked down to $4. Bracelets at WM are $4.88. A $50 purse was $12. I must want the cheap, reduced, and clearance items...lol. A cc company cancelled my card for the same reason. Being prudent did not work for either of us!

      Delete
  3. I still have 2 hard to buy for people - a step grandfather that I have met once and my nephew who has everything in the world. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      If I were buying for the step-grandfather, I might have made it a couple gift--gift card to eat. Or, ask if he was in military, reads, likes what sport, woodworker, passions...this way, you have a direction. Maybe a gift card to bookstore, home improvement store, team shirt, flag for front porch (US or team).

      I don't know the nephew's age. if a teen, how about a subscription or gift card for music...I used to give grandson card for music. Comic books. gift card to movies?

      Delete
  4. Yikes! I haven't even begun, so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      It's done, and I am relieved. Now, I must gather it all and mail it in two boxes.

      Delete
  5. I really like you post good blog,Thanks for your sharing.

    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.