Contact Me

Sunday, September 29, 2024

My Heart is Broken

 Kris Kristofferson died! He was one of my favorite artists. 

Maybe I have commented that something is wrong with Tommy's car. For the last three or four months, it has seemed there is something wrong with the driver's side front wheel. I thought it was a wheel bearing and something else wrong with wheel. The wheel rattles and shimmies if he turns or even drifts to next lane when changing lanes. He said it was just an old car and rattling. 

I told him to call garage on Saturday and make arrangements to have car looked at. He called at 4:45 pm on Saturday and had it down there at 9 am on Sunday. We won't get it back until Monday at the earliest. I will have to cancel another medical appointment. I hate that. 

The diagnosis for the car--wheel bearing.

We were going to courthouse to buy my car tag stickers that are expired. So, we won't be gallivanting around with expired tags. We will be home. There is plenty of milk and maybe enough bananas here. Fresh vegetables and fresh fruit abound, so we won't suffer. 

Tommy washed and used the Tupperware microwavable plate. I think he smiled about it. He smiled again when I was looking at the red and white striped popcorn containers today. 

We are watching four Indiana Jones movies today. They are all thrillers. I like anything with Harrison Ford. 

Saturday and Sunday have been very mild. I took a jacket with me on Saturday just in case the weather became cooler or damp enough I needed it since I had on a very thin, short-sleeved top. Even though it still feels mostly like summer, this cool snap is a certain harbinger of Autumn. 

I heard from a friend of mine who lives in Kentucky and lost power for two days. 

Have you heard from family or friends who have been affected by Helene?

Would you recognize a faulty wheel bearing if you heard it?

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe your garage is open on a Saturday, let alone on a Sunday! I'm used to it now but getting used to shops etc closing for lunch and so on over here took a few years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I was shocked, too. Tommy had known it for a couple of months. I just never noticed. Closing the doors during lunch? That would feel strange.

      Delete
  2. I probably wouldn't recognise a wheel bearing problem but i should! I've driven cars with every kind of front end issue and i know there's a problem but that's all and for some reason I don't feel it through the steering wheel although i can notice the difference after repair.
    My garage is opn on Saturday mornings but not Sundays. I'm glad you're having it fixed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      You can feel and hear the problem on one side of the car only. Sometimes, there is a squeaky sound, sometimes gritty. At first it is very low. I was in a car with sudden failure. Guy I was with had to drive about 10 mph to avoid wheel practically falling off. Probably, this might not help you, but one side only is a big clue.
      It was a shock they were open.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.