Contact Me

Friday, September 27, 2024

Thursday Nothings

 Wednesday night, I slept 11 hours and woke exhausted! This is not right!

Thursday afternoon, we went to buy the church lunch. It was enormous and way too much. I had forgotten it had two thick patties. I had cheese, lettuce, tomatoes on mine. Fries and potato salad came with it. Next time, we are either going to share a burger, or I will cut mine in half and save it for another meal. I gave Tommy most of my fries and ate only a bit of the potato salad. This was $25 for the building fund. It will probably be next year before we go back. 

On the way home, I wanted to go "look at cars," Well, we did, barely slowing down in the lots. After we left the lots, I asked Tommy where we were going. "Home." He objected to my objecting, saying, "You said you wanted to look at cars. We did." Jerk. Next time, I will have to tell him I want to touch, sit in and maybe drive the cars. We will be going out of town for three days and two nights. Having to lease a car for that time will probably not make him happy. 

After we watched Jeopardy, the burger made me sleepy. I went to bed at 5 pm. When I awoke at a bit after 8, I asked Tommy if it were morning or night. I was surprised it was night. I actually felt like I had slept all night. Thirty minutes later, I was exhausted again. I typed this paragraph with my eyes closed and head back. Amazingly, I only made one mistake. 

I managed to lose one of Tommy's credit cards! I used it in The Pig, the last I saw it. So, he had to call to cancel and get a new card. He was mildly irritated but did not really get angry. In 24 hours no one had used it. I strongly expect the cc is around here or in the car. 

We only have a bit of gentle rain from Helene. Hopefully, the winds will be as mild. I plugged my lift chair into the battery pack instead of the wall so I won't be stranded in my chair if electricity goes off. Making sure at least one light is handy is all we need to do. There are plenty of lights, but one light will get us to them. Once I used by booklight to see to get down the hall. I just hope the wind does not blow the big tree down on the house. 

I had lost weight then regained some of it. Tonight, I am within one pound of my lowest. So, good for me. 

Still laughing at Tommy's "looking at cars."

Is Helene causing you weather problems?

Do you ever sleep so long and still feel exhausted?

2 comments:

  1. Have you tested for Covid? I was amazed to learn I had it. I had some minor stuffy nose and cough symptoms, but they went away in a couple of days. Then I slept for a week! I was so fatigued. I would take 2-3 hour naps in the morning AND afternoon and then sleep all night. Today is the first day since Sept. 14 that I actually stayed up all day.
    --Maxine, aka mikemax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mikemax
      This is so minor in comparison to what I have had before when I tested for covid. Maybe I should test.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.