Contact Me

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Thursday Dexcom G7 News

 Wednesday was basically a good day, mellow, dry, and eventful in a good way. I had Tommy call me an hour before the ac guy came. Well, I awoke to something loud. I thought Tommy was talking to someone at the door. No, he had called about his Dexcom G7. Three out of the last batch did not work which left him with none. He was talking to manufacturer rep. It sounded as though she would get it here, but not pronto. 

Tommy told her his wife wanted to talk with him. I explained to her he had no idea when his blood sugar dropped or rose and did not listen to me, that the monitor was a help. Otherwise, I would be calling EMT, 911, and keep him from passing out and falling with his walker. I told her it was imperative he get this immediately. He will be dangerous driving, a threat to our lives and others' lives. She said she could overnight it but that would still take one to two days. ???

So, that is the best that can be done. I wonder. At least he now realized how his blood sugar fluctuates. So, he is eating at least every three hours. I hope that works. 

I have lost more weight. At this rate I can lose the 130 pounds I need to lose in one year. That would make 150 pounds lost. 

Then the hvac guys came. I told them about hearing the metal flexing and the floor settling around the return vent. He changed the ac filter. It was so filthy. I told him Tommy would not let me change it. He said that the flexing of the metal was because the unit was struggling, that the filter was the life of the unit, that we did not want to replace the unit at the price they are today. He said to change the filter every month. So, maybe Tommy is now a believer. I bought a box of one dozen filters more cheaply on Amazon. We had to go buy a filter when he decided to change one. Sometimes, we went for a year between changes!

Tommy asked an open-ended question, and the guy talked forever, not anything about hvac. Then, Tommy had a long comment. Then, the guy who came along with him talked some. Guys! Enough! 

We left to get three ads. At Publix, I bought milk for Tommy, bread, bananas, zucchini, one peach, bogo French's mustard. 

We came home to watch Jeopardy. Then, I snoozed in my chair. I ate the one beautiful, hard, barely getting ripe peach. 

Tonight, I ordered material to upholster the chairs I found on the road in 2020. Tommy had decided on Navy blue buffalo checks. But $50/yd was too much. This was only $9/yd and buffalo check. It is waterproof outdoor fabric. I hope it works for kitchen chairs. Now, I am shopping for Dr Who fabric so Ur-spo can make Tommy a shirt. Of course, Tommy's cc was used for both.

I had two of the four ribs left for me and gave Tommy the other two. They were all very large, just chunks of meat. 

So, it was a good day with no outbursts from Tommy, no arguing about silly things. I like it calm.

How often do you change filters for ac and heat?

Do you have leftovers from the holiday to eat? 


8 comments:

  1. I hope he gets the Dexcom sooner rather than later. Congratulations on your weight loss, that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beliinda,
      So do I. It scares me. Thanks. I hope to keep it up. I think the antibiotic has made me lose my appetite. I read that was a side effect.

      Delete
  2. We still have a bit of leftovers, although at least a dozen people took to-go plates from our event. I am a huge fan of taking the pulled pork and putting in a skillet to sort of crisp up. A mixture of sugar free BBQ sauce and mustard stirred in near the end of cooking, and then a few shots of hot sauce. Mmmm. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice.
      Tommy was shocked your husband was smoking and cooking so much meat....lol. I sort of like my pulled pork just heated a bit. But, I rarely season anything like many people do. I am glad you are enjoying your leftovers.

      Delete
  3. Great job on the weight loss. We change our furnace filters every 6 months (with the time change, so we remember)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Thanks. I would be happy if he changed the filters even every six months.

      Delete
  4. Hubby changes the filters monthly and every three months he vacuums the metal air return covers. I always keep many months of filters ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana,
      After the talk the guy gave about how not changing the air filters was ruining the unit, maybe he will change the filter monthly. I hate to argue with him about these things.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.