Contact Me

Friday, September 27, 2024

Eating the Wrong Things

 I was watching some ad for dog food with a small child in it. I asked Tommy if he had ever eaten dog food. He said he had. I laughed and asked him how old he was. Nine. NINE? "I thought you were going to say three or four. What possessed you to eat it when you were old enough to know better? He said it was Milk Bone Dog Biscuits, hard as a rock and had a weird taste. This was back when they only had the large ones. 

Tommy's younger brother and four or five friends were there, too. No one but Tommy ate a Milk Bone. The friends were all gagging. Tommy gagged a little bit but swallowed it. He never told his parents and no one told on him. He ate most of it, and it did not make him sick.

My son would never have eaten dog food. As a matter of fact after the rumor spread that the school lunch was actually dog food, I had to make a lunch on the beef stew day. It took a long time to convince him that the news of dog food being served for school lunch was not true. However, I don't think he ever really believed it. 

My mother told us not to eat plants or berries outside. I did. There was a tiny plant with tiny pale leaves that sort of looked like clover that I ate quite often, it was bitter, but I loved it. I was careful not to let it poison me. I spit it out after chewing a while. Silly me. 

My brother ate May Pops, but they looked disgusting to me. My sister crawled under the bed and ate part of a bottle of aspirin. She is the only one who became sick from our misadventures. 

I had sworn I would not buy any candy corn because the bags were so big unless I just took a bit and gave it away. Well, I found a tiny bag, 4 ounces, for $1.79.  We keep looking at it. We definitely will not open it until Oct. 1. But, I want to eat it near Halloween. So, we will hold off and buy no other candy. I bought candy corn and Autumn Mix mix. 

Did you or your child or anyone you know ever eat dog food, cat food, etc,?

Were there any lunchroom rumors about the food?

Did you ever eat plants you should not? 

Aspirin or other meds?

Did you buy Halloween candy when it came out in July? I knew I would never save it until Halloween. And, if you say you can do that, you prevaricate!

I know you would miss my sleep report--It is noon and I have not slept since 8 pm Thursday night. I am loopy. 

2 comments:

  1. When I was about 3, I was outside playing with older neighbor kids and they talked me into eating a dandelion. I guess I took a bite of the stem and then they told me I was going to die and I went screaming into the house, in hysterics, until my mom could figure out what happened, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I thought you were going to say you bit the white, fuzzy seed head. That is funny about your hysterics. My older daughter would have been in hysterics for days!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.