Contact Me

Saturday, September 14, 2024

False Information and Decluttering Again

 

From the CDC:

“You cannot see, smell, or taste the toxin that causes botulism. But taking even a small taste of food containing the toxin can be deadly.”

I know one blogger lately has said she trusts her nose and taste. Not good advice. 

This morning, I rose early and made four doctors' appointments.  Then, I was stymied because some offices are closed on Friday. That schedule does not work for me. 

Today, we had an appointment. Tommy moved about, getting things and himself ready to go. Finally, he asked me when I wanted to leave. I listened to him, hurried about and we left almost 30 minutes past the time we should have. Or, so we thought. No, we were an hour early! So, we sat in the car. It was pleasant watching the clouds move about and some change to dark, ominous looking clouds. We listened to our bird songs/calls CD.

Cleaner came and helped declutter room and all of table next to me. Things are more organized. Still, she did not do all I wanted done. She wanted to leave because of the weather, but she had been here for 3 hours. 

I received another eBay item of clothing, identical to one I bought five years ago. Now, I have a blouse to wear and not worry about ruining the older one which has matching black pants. My everyday going out clothing has been elevated. A blouse that originally cost $50+ was now $7. As I looked it over carefully, I could not tell it had been worn. It was not shabby at all, no picks and no deodorant stains. 

As you may have suspected, I went in for a nap. Five hours later, I feel only a little rested, not much. 

Tommy put some meat into refrigerator to thaw for cooking this next week: bscb, pork roast, two other meals cooked and stored, two hamburgers. The pork roast will be cut into meal portions once it is cooked, and it will be refrozen for future meals. 

Saturday should be another rainy day, so no grocery shopping even though we made a list from the three stores. I do hope we can hit one of two stores where we need to make returns. Those are the only plans. 

Do you have plans for this weekend? 

Even though the decluttering of paper is not complete, I feel better? Are your decluttering bouts take longer than you think they will? 

Do you ever buy clothing from eBay?

Do you depend on taste and smell to find botulism?



8 comments:

  1. I do depend on smell to see if meat is spoiled. If there is a whiff of something, I wash it well and soak it in salt or vinegar water then cook at high temperature. So far, I've never had a problem. I did buy something off of ebay long ago. I cannot remember what it was but for sure it wasn't clothing. Last but not least, my decluttering is definitely taking much, much longer than I would have thought or liked. At last I'm starting to see real change but it will be a while yet before I've got things as I want them. I wish you well on your decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I do depend on smelling things, especially meat. However, unfortunately, things like potato salad goes off before it smells.
      I am unhappy we did not get more done. But, I am committed to getting this done by Christmas so I can have people over.

      Delete
  2. Decluttering is a continual thing at my house. There is always something to get rid of.
    Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do count on smell to see if things are spoiled, but botulism is another thing. If i suspected that, I would toss the offending item in the trash. Good deal on your $7 eBay shirt, I like that. Yes, I buy things on eBay too, also Poshmark and Mercari are good places for second hand clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I will look at both of those sites and see what I can find.
      I paid about $35 for the one I bought new. And, it was on sale!

      Delete
  4. Last week I bought Birkenstock sandals on eBay. I feel I got a very good deal.

    You know that to supplement my income I often sell on eBay. I rarely list clothing because fit and color can vary tremendously. When I do list clothing I list all the measurements and laundry information. This information does cut down on returns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to wear Birkenstocks, but the bump behind my toes is painful.

      Someday I will sell on eBay, so that is good info. I have only bought items I already know how they fit.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.